1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN Power Ranking

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KALIKULI, Oct 27, 2008.

Tags:
  1. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

2. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Contributing Member

Agreed... Very Conservative! As a matter of Fact he's voting for Mc... (oops not the debate forum)...Donalds.

Cavs are good because of Lebron, but what more can LBJ do after last years amazing performance. They still lost.

...Furthermore, Spurs? I know I know I know, never count them out. Well guys it's time to count them out. They are finished without Manu and even more done with the aquisition of OLD. Look him up on NBA.com "his" stats go down as seasons pass.

Now the Rockets we are 2 years removed from Becoming the next San Antonio Spurs, unfortunately without a ring. But as of right now we are definitely better than the two teams Above.

It is arguable whether we can match up against Hornets, but I am pretty sure we beat them twice without Yao last year if not mistaken... If I am regardless we can beat them.

Lakers... Umm I don't know, Bynum is in again... Wait he's another Chris Mihm but black, dude is young and bulkier, but nothing can change his IQ of the game, Yao will dominate. Plus they lost last year and with Bynum in they have a lot to prove becaus ethe expectations are high, so they will fail to make Finals.

Celtics. Garbage, they won okay, but no competition... Rockets weren't complete.

By the way get the Pistons away from us, they didn't even reach a game 7 nor a game 6, Atlanta should be there. With or without Childress.

3. vunny1408

vunny1408 Contributing Member

yes all the pundits are saying artest is going to mess up the chemistry. yeah right! sure the chemistry has been great but it hasn't transferred to getting past the first round !! I'm convinced this is the year Yao & Tmac finally get that huge gorilla off the backs

4. 1onewonjuan

1onewonjuan Member

suns are underrated. they have a very good chance in being a top 3 team IF and only IF they play good defense. theyre offense is already stacked

blazers arent makin the playoffs.

spurs and cavs are too far up. spurs cant be a top 4 seed and cavs still need work but can make them a 2nd team in the east

5. abc2007

abc2007 Member

So, Stein thinks the Cavs are better than the Rockets?!

6. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

We could beat the Cavs even when injured.

7. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

sound like Stein woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

8. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

The Cavs are not that good, overrated as hell.

The OKC Durants are last? wtf

9. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

in 04-05 they were ranked 7th before the season. in 05-06 they were ranked 6th. in 06-07 they were ranked 9th. in 07-08 they were ranked 4th. this year they were ranked 6th.

for a team that never won a playoff series, I'd say that's pretty fair.

10. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

I love how he uses "The Cavs took the Celtics to 7 games in the playoffs!" as a justification. Yeah... so did the Hawks.

P.S. 45 wins in the East = 35 wins in the West.

11. mtran

mtran Member

thank you.

12. alcatrazpsycho

Q: Why are folks like me making such a big deal about the Mo Williams acquisition? A: Because LeBron's Cavs took Boston to seven games in the second round without a No. 2 scorer/shooter in Williams' class.

That's exactly why Stein ranked the Hawks as 20th...
    Give me a break.

13. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

I agree mostly. Suns are still very stacked offensively and we will have to see how they respond to a new coach.

Blazers could make the playoffs in a low seed.

Stein has always loved the Spurs so it doesn't surprise me that they are up there. The LeBrons up there is a huge stretch.

14. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

DeShaw Stevenson? Is that you?

15. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

I think its pretty fair to have us at 6th. But what I think its crazy is to have the Cavs so high.

16. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

After they lost Matrix to the Heat they lost that presence of a good wing man like they use to have and don't get me wrong, i don't think the Sun's will go deep on the playoff with Shaq.

17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i hate power rankings. they are just one guys opinion. nothing more.

18. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

His comment is idiotic. What does the team's chemistry in a preseason rankings have to do with past playoff series!?