1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Dwight Howard leaves game injured against the Suns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Lebron mentioned how being being off for a couple of weeks helped him.

Howard may need as much time or more to rest his body. Take the time off, big fella.

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

What concerns me is that Howard already did take nearly a month off to rest the knee. Yet when he came back, he was a shell of his former self(even the Howard we had last season). Is more rest really the answer? And if so, how much and will this be an ongoing issue? Or are we dealing a player simply in decline physically at age 29?

The rest of the team can hold down the fort with Howard out since the upcoming schedule isn't too bad. But the uncertainty of what's ailing him has got me worried. And even worse, what if it's mental? What if he's just unhappy with his shrinking role on offense? That's not something that rest will alleviate.

#162 count_dough-ku, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  3. vator

vator Contributing Member

How sad is it that Joey Dorsey was practically able to replace current level Dwight last night?

4. Remii

Remii Member

You can't compare Howard to LeBron because LeBron has his all around game together and Howard still has training wheels on his offense... So sitting out and not being able to work on his game in game time action doesn't help him.

5. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

People are going overboard here. The only reason we even had a chance in the playoffs last season was because Dwight played some of the best basketball I have ever seen from him, even in his prime younger years. We need Dwight come playoffs.

Rest him up as much as possible. This team will not make out of the West without a healthy Dwight. We can probably win a playoff series depending on the match up but the West is a gauntlet and it is all about match ups.

Get back healthy big fella!

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Sacre, man. C'mon.

7. Remii

Remii Member

That was the best offensively Howard has ever played which means it could have been an admiration... But hopefully you're right and he can just flip the switch and turn it on.

8. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

If this is mental or more mental than a physical limitation, then we are in world of trouble because it will be hard for this team to accomplished anything worthwhile without the $23M man. To me, he looks very uninspired and as you said, he has looked that way for a while now. I really don't know what to think about this.

9. vator

vator Contributing Member

There was a bit of hyperbole in my post no doubt, but what I'm saying is, Dwight just hasn't looked himself on many occasions this year. Dorsey coming in for Dwight should be a huge drop off...huge. Dorsey has basically been going out there playing defense and fighting for rebounds and Dwight has had too many games this year where he has only looked like a rich man's Joey Dorsey. The Rockets better hope Dwight can morph back into last year's playoff Dwight or we're toast. That Dwight was a monster.

10. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

he won't be missed.

so tired of his awful post ups and lack of hustle.

11. shawn786

shawn786 Member

We seriously need to move our post up plays from Howard to D-Mo.

Weather Howard is in or not keep feeding D-Mo; he is the best post player on the team & it's not even close.

12. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

The Dwight Howard of the last month plus has really been irritating and frustrating to watch. In the last game against GSW, he really played like a loser. All the starters the last couple of games other than Harden have been bad but it's really not acceptable to have Dwight bringing this horrible effort. I like the saying that says your best players have to be your hardest working players. Again, if he is that injured whether mentally or physically, he needs to take time off to get it right both mentally and physically because he is hurting the team more than helping them recently.

13. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I don't know who you are but you have no idea what you're talking about.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Blocks pre knee strain:

Blocks post knee strain:

In the last 19 games, he's averaging .57 blocks per game. I checked because he looks like he's not bothering to go after shots he normally would go after. He's basically turned into Asik defensively, but perhaps even worse because he's not hustling either.

15. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

This is very telling. There were times were I thought he could easily block a shot but doesn't try. At least Asik puts his hands up to make it difficult. Dwight doesn't even get in position anymore to make the block sometimes. Heal up big man and don't come back till you are willing to put 100% effort in. I will take Dorsey hustling and a soon to be back Jones over injured soft Dwight right now. Insert gif of Kobe saying, "soft".

16. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yep, mixed you up with another poster. I was wrong. My bad.

1 person likes this.
  17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

According to Berman, he tweaked it in practice...seems odd to me to tweak such a minor sprain. I'm not sure who's rushing who here, but maybe they should have have sat him for a week to be sure. I just hope it's not all due to him favoring that knee.

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

LOL at all the hate. We might as well stop watching if Dwight isn't playing come playoff time. We have no chance of even getting out of the first.

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

He needs to sit until the KNEE is pain-free. The ankle is inconsequential, and I think due to over-compensation of the knee.

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Assuming he really did tweak it, it may be a blessing in disguise. I think he needs to sit a few games and get himself right in both body and mind. I would like him available against the Mavs tomorrow night, but the rest of the team can carry the load for one game. Especially if T-Jones is back.