1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

It's OK. I like the fact that he kicked the ball out more often last night. He did this less often before. When he finds a balance between kicking out and taking his own shots, teammates will give him more touches.

2. vator

vator Contributing Member

DMo needs to make another jump. Lots of solid games, but hardly any that make you say he can be a future star in the league. I'd like to see some 20-30 point outbursts with double digit rebound games from him. From a consistency standpoint he has been better than TJ as far as knowing what you're going to get from game to game, but he hasn't produced the same kind of wtf monster games that TJ would drop out of nowhere last year. Kind of a higher floor, but lower ceiling thing going on here. I'd like to see him be more aggressive out there. He has the ability. Perhaps the fact that he gets the majority of his points from post ups limits him a little on this team because he has to get the ball in specific areas on the floor in order to score at his best. I just feel like we're not using this guy enough and it sucks.

3. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

DMo...

Super overrated on this board!

4. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

your mom is underrated on this board

2 people like this.
  5. Convictedstupid

6. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I dont think he is overrated. I just think people realize that he is our best low post player and it would hurt us to lose him especially once the playoff starts.

7. NotChandlerParsons

8. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Knee-jerks are underrated.

9. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

gReAt tHrEaD would read again

[​IMG]

10. solodolo

solodolo Member

Slick rick .. super overrated rapper

11. slickricky

Thank you for the intelligent response... Yes it is a knee jerk thread but he never shows up in big games against a legit PF. He seems to get intimidated and buckles under pressure. Once TJones get in his groove I see us packaging DMO and the Pelicans pick for a PG upgrade.

12. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

DMo is The Lithuanian Ligar...part lion, part tiger & not scared to go into the woods...

Oh yeah, almost forgot...

5 star thread, would read again.

Cool story bro

IBTL

TL;DR

/thread

13. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

My question is where would we be without DMO. Howard been in and out, and Jones missed all that time. I would love a better PG, but then we would be very thin down low. If Howard is out, there is no way we can go to war with just Smith, Jones and Dorsey. Now if can swing for a taller backup C and Jones can return to form, then I'll be ok with moving DMO.

14. Progs

Progs Member

15. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Not able to watch, but the box score seems to indicate that D-Mo's playing okay and Dirk's not doing much. Anyone want to shed light on what OP's pissed about?

16. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

He's pissed that he made an unintelligent, knee-jerk op with zero substance and that D-Mo scored 8 straight points after that. Then posters came in here lol'ing.

Hope that clears up this thread for you. :p

17. slickricky

8 straight... None of which did he create. DMo at the 4 will not get us to the championship with Bev at the one. Our team just has too many weaknesses for other teams to capitalize on.

18. Space City

Space City Member

He's had very good games against the Grizzlies and Bulls who boast front courts that consist of Zach Randolph, Marc Gasol, Paul Gasol, and Joakim Noah. So maybe what you said isn't completely true. Also, I'd say there was a lot of pressure on him while Dwight was out and he was THE guy in the post. During much of that time, we were running a lot of the offense through him.

19. slickricky

DMo misses rebound... That Leads to parsons 3... Then fouls Ellis and our 8 point lead is cut to 3 in less then one minute

20. slickricky

Then turned it over on a pass to harden