1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hawks explore trading Josh Smith

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Jul 5, 2010.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

2. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Get it done.

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I'm down. Plan B?

4. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Screw Bosh....go for Smith and Lebron would definitely take a hard look at Houston.

Work your magic Morey.

5. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

6. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

I REALLY like this guy, I would love the Raptors or Rockets to get him......but I doubt he's going anywhere.

7. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I would rather have scola than having Josh Smith, scola has more heart, better low post scorer, the only advantage that Josh has is his shot his athleticism and shot blocking ability, plus he had horrible post season.

If having Josh on our roaster means loosing Luis I wouldn't do it.

8. mrm32

mrm32 Member

All of which Scola doesn't have, plus he's younger. He would be great next to Yao spreading out the defense even if it means losing Scola but if somehow we can keep Scola, that will be a deadly PF combo with Scola coming off the bench.

9. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

Smith is alright but it seems to me that he loves to shoot from the outside, a thing that he is not specially good at. I think he would get flammed by the whole board if he came to Houston.

10. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Love Luis but Josh is a rising star, ever since he dumped that whole idea of shooting 3's he has become a BIG time power forward. I am almost inclined to move on from Bosh to Smith but I think Bosh will make his decision within a few days so Smith will be there for the time being.

His playoff run wasn't great but it was the best of any Hawk on the squad, including their new MAX guy.

11. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

That was Smith of 2008-2009, last season he cut that out BIG TIME and became a much better player.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What is his value? I keep seeing Scola being mentioned. How about Ariza, a contract, and a prospect/pick? Smith at the 3, I like it... and you can live with his shooting since Ariza is just as bad.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I don't get it. Why sign JJ to such a ridiculous contract if you want to rebuild? Josh Smith is only 23. He has his flaws, but he still has good upside.

14. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Having Luis and Josh together would be deadly PF combo.

15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

People overrate Josh Smith because of his highlight plays. He is a good shot blocker, but he's only an average rebounder for a 4, he is limited offensively, he's a lousy shooter from mid-range and FT.

I'm not saying he's a scrub, but he isn't a difference maker either, I wouldn't give up too much to get him considering how much he makes.

16. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

I would love to have josh smith over chris bosh as well.. i think if we package j.hill battier and one of the knicks picks it would work out, we would keep scola, and sign brad miller to mle and this is the lineup we have

ab/lowry
    martin/budinger
    ariza/jt?
    scola/josh smith/ppat
    yao/miller/ppat
    10 man rotation and a strong one.. do it MOrey!!!

17. H-Town Rockets Guy

I love to see Josh Smith in a Rocket's uniform. He is a very good defensive player with great shot blocking skills. If you put him next to Yao, he will be awesome. He should cover a lot of defensive mistakes from our guards with his shot blocking. Get it done Morey!!!!!!!

18. Saado

Saado Member

Looks like Atlanta is hitching their wagon to the wrong Hawk.

19. devin23

devin23 Member

I wouldn't mind Josh Smith, but can't he play sf as well? I'd rather have him start of ariza than scola.

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

My fantasy team has always loved Josh Smith. I'm going to try to nab him again this season.