1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Get off the Martin bandwagon and onto the Swift bandwagon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketsfan34, Feb 22, 2000.

1. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

I know Francis3 and I will get into a big arguement, but I think Stromile Swift will be more useful to us then Martin.

1. Swift is taller and has a longer wingspan than Martin.

2. Swift has a far more complete offensive game.

3. He runs the floor just as well and finishes just as well. (Massive Dunks)

4. Martin has the edge on defense but Swift is better everywhere else. Swift's defense is solid nonetheless.

5. Swift won't cost us as much as Martin becuase we won't have to trade up.

[/b]
    6. Martin's a senior, while Swift is a Sophmore. We know FOR SURE Martin will come out.

Swift has really been heating up lately and thought I'd have some fun. This guy will be a top 7 pick by year's end. He plays like Mcdyess, body like Mcdyess, and will eventaully become a star similar to Mcdyess.

2. Francis3

Francis3 Member

I havent seen alot of Swift. But Martin is the man. Do you know if they will show a game of his on TV?

If martin is not there when the rockets pick or something, i wouldnt mind taking swift if he is all that good like you say he is.

But KENYON MARTIN IS THE REAL DEAL.

how tall is swift ?

3. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

This Saturday...

UH/LSU game.

Swift is 6'10, 225(about the same as Martin).

4. RocketSiv

RocketSiv Member

LSU plays Houston on Saturday and I think they are showing the game one the TUBE on Saturday night(7 PM).

I like Swift better than Martin. To me Swift is longer and much more explosive.