1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wizards better than the 90's Bulls? Agree/Disagree?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by gettinbranded, Sep 26, 2001.

1. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

I'm not the source:

bskball.com

I disagree, but I think they'll be better than expected simply because MJ makes everyone around him better.

2. Jack _Hammer

Jack _Hammer Member

3. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I don't remember anything about the 1990's Bulls team, but I think that this Wizards team is underrated. They have a ton of young talent, they have a slew of quality big men, they'll be able to rebound, run, and defend, and should have better chemistry without overpaid, lazy veterans. I think Washington will be a 45 win, playoff team, if Jordan can motivate, and teach the young players properly and build team chemistry.

4. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Definitely disagree.

While I think that the media is definitely underrating the Wizard's squad, they are nowhere near the 1990's Bulls.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Give me the 1990 Bulls over the current Wizards any day. Pippen, Rodman and Jordan were all 11 years younger. They had 2 players recognized as top 50 of all time (although Pippen's selection is questionable), and one of the best rebounders of all time. There is no one on the current Wizards that can compete with those guys. The Bulls also had a bunch of proven role players who understood there position with the team.

As a matter of fact, give me the current Rockets over the current Wizards.

Sometimes I think bskball.com posts stuff like this just to get folks to come to their site.

6. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

There is no doubt the Wizards will be better than last year simply because MJ knows that the only way to win is to make his teammates better, but to say "this squad is better on paper than the Bulls ever looked" is totally whack. Someone over at bskball.com is smoking something.

7. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but the '94 Bulls finished with 57 wins 2 more than the previous season with Jordan.

The Wiz won 19 games last year.

edge: Dabullz

8. RocksMillenium

That's why people are comparing the 1990 team to the Wizards and not the 1994 team. The 1994 team was already built to be a playoff team. They were the defending world champion, battled tested, and had a a go-to guy, Pippen who was having a MVP year and playing like should always play. They weren't a young rebuilding team like the Wizards so there is no way you can compare the 1994 team to the Wizards team of last year.

#8 RocksMillenium, Sep 26, 2001
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2001
  9. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

The Wiz with MJ would spank the 1999 Bulls

10. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

I was under the impression that they were talking about the Bulls of the '90s, not the team Chicago put on the floor in 1990. My first inclination is to laugh hysterically. My second inclination is to say wait three to five years and see (of course, Jordan will no longer be there by then). I concede these young guys have talent and athleticism. But they're all incredibly young, and athleticism by itself is way overrated. Let's get past the "P" word and then talk.

11. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

Pick any team, the recent BULLS will be spanked! :D

12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This Wizards team appears to me to be a collection of parts, whereas the Bulls teams seemed to be built with a plan. With that in mind, I'll take the Bulls.

13. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

I agree with Smeg and Ability, the 99' Bulls would get smoked.

I however do think the 01-02 Wiz will be a borderline playoff team in the weak conference in a waterdowned era, so any Bulls team higher than an 8th seed in the playoffs would probably be better. Any comparison of the current Wizards to any Bulls team that went past the 1st round of the playoffs is laughable.

14. RocksMillenium

I think you're right Relavist. That's crazy. If you're talking about the teams sicne the first championship team, the weakest team of the Jordan era is the 1995 team, and even that team lost in the 2nd round. This Wizard's team would kill any of the Bulls teams after Jordan retired the 2nd time.

15. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Whoa...you giving Krause credit Ottoman?