1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[R.I.P.] John Kanzius, Inventor/Cancer Researcher

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Pa. cancer researcher John Kanzius dies
    - The Associated Press

ERIE, Pa. — John Kanzius, who had no medical background but invented a device that kills cancer cells, has died at age 64.

Kanzius died Wednesday at a hospital in Florida, where he had a winter home. Jack Martin, of Dusckas Martin Funeral Home in Erie, confirmed the death but had no further details.

Kanzius used to be a partner at Erie's Jet Broadcasting Co. He invented a device that uses heat from radio waves to kill cancer cells without harming other cells.

He created the device while suffering from insomnia brought on by chemotherapy.

The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston are experimenting with it.

Kanzius' survivors include his wife, Marianne; two daughters, Sherry Kanzius and Toni Palmer; and two grandchildren.
    ----------------------------------------------------------

http://www.centredaily.com/news/state/story/1126763.html

I didn't see this posted anywhere. This guy's story is pretty incredible. There have been threads on it in the past. Long story short, the guy had no medical degree, and was suffering from leukemia(I believe), and based on his extensive radio background, developed a radio frequency machine that can kill cancer cells, but not harm cells around the cancer cells. The device is now arguably the most astonishing piece of cancer treatment ever created.

To me, as a radiologic technologist, who is looking into becoming a radiation therapist and working with cancer patients, this guy was amazing. If any of you have ever been (and I'm sure most of you have) affected by cancer, you've seen what horrible things it does to people, and someday this man's device could kill the disease.

R.I.P. Mr. Kanzius.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He had an inspirational story and life.

His death is a loss to society.

RIP

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This guy was amazing another guy who died of cancer though also created some sort of nano technology that combined with the radio waves this guy developed kills cancer cells right?

DD

4. droxford

droxford Member

Let's hope that his discoveries lead to a breakthrough in curing cancer.

Big loss.

5. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

RIP.

Even if your technology isn't the one that cures cancer, you have gotten researchers to think about cancer in a different way. It may be the building block that leads to a cure.

I am truly saddened by this news.