1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Damian Lillard Signs For Potentially $100M w/ Adidas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by hotballa, Apr 14, 2014.

1. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

2. rlivz

rlivz Contributing Member

I honestly do not understand the Lillard hype. He shoots 42% and averages 5 assists as a point guard. I admittedly don't watch him much, but he really hasn't wowed me against the Rockets.

What am I missing here? A couple of last minute threes his rookie year?

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Adidas is desperate ever since Rose is done. They need someone whereas everyone else is on Nike/Jordan.

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Lillard is overrated!

5. bongman

bongman Member

If I were Nike, I would sign Bev for 6M dollars just to traumatize Lillard and make them eat that 100M

1 person likes this.
  6. hotballa

this. I cant understand it either, I mean does anyone outside of Portland ever say to themself "damn Lillard's playing tonight, I gotta cancel sex and watch him". No.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

That's ridiculous. Lillard is good, but he's not transcendent. A deal for half of that would still be overpaying in my opinion. Nobody is running out to buy the same shoes Damian Lillard wears.

8. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

I guess we can expect Jeremy to sign something like this soon!

9. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

That's crazy.

10. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I seriously don't understand the hype around this guy, he is good but not that good

11. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

LOL I guess Lillard really did do something for his brand by doing all the events at All Star weekend.

But wow, 100 million?! Talk about a desperate reach by Adidas.. Why does it feel like the NBA/media are so willing to make him a superstar? I mean, he is a great player and could be a top 5 point guard, maybe? But 100 million for a shoe deal is superstar money. Reserved for the KD, LeBron, Kobe, CP3 of the league... Lillard is a year younger than Harden and looks to be at his potential already.

12. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Considering that Kobe, LeBron and Durant are with Nike, I'd say that Adidas needs some new star power. Also, it's important how incentive-laden this contract is. I'd imagine there are quite a few clauses stipulating that Lillard wins championships/MVPs before he can get that full $100 million. If he does that, then his deal will be worth it for Adidas.

13. Asian Sensation

100 Million or not... He's underrated on this board. He's a baller and a cold-blooded one at that. I'm worried about him in our upcoming series. If Bev isn't 100% he's going to feast on us. Even if Bev is healthy he's still going to get his.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Good for Lillard. Strike these deals while you can. Get dat cash

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

pretty much the only non idiotic post in this thread (besides mine)

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

So basically Adidas is saying "we're cool with being 2nd or 3rd!"...

17. Sanity2disChaos

I think this is more of what is happenig with this deal.....He will have to reach individual and team high marks to ever see the 100mill. I like the kid and it seems that since Rose (who actually sells alot of shoes) will no longer be the cash cow he once was due to him not playing, Lily is next in line.

I would honsetly like for adidas to lock up a few studs from this years draft class.... Then watch two or three blossom into a top player and shoe seller.

18. hotballa

He is what he is. A 42% shooter who averages 6 assists a gamr despite having the ball in his hands all the time.

19. Sanity2disChaos

Adidas is a global band ....Nike is aware of the competition. As crazy as it may seem for a shoe deal to be 100million that tyoe of money dont come form nowhere!IJS....

20. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

nobody buying any lillard shoes lol