1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Damian Lillard Signs For Potentially $100M w/ Adidas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by hotballa, Apr 14, 2014.

1. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I respect his game, but he's no Brandon Roy. I'm really excited to see Lillard and Bev going head to head for 4+ games. Especially after Lilliard's crying and complaining after thier last game.

2. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

Props to his agent I guess...blows my mind how this guy gets $100m dollar deal compared to other players in the league with similar if not better performances.

3. ChippedToothLin

4. spysta

spysta Member

Doesnt adidas also have John Wall? So Lillard cashed in higher than Wall?

I personally think Adidas makes the best hooping shoes, however when DRose went down the first time there was alot of blame being aimed at Adidas for making sub standard shoes. Maybe they feel like with Lillards playing style its a safe investment.

5. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Agreed…on all points.

6. i3artow i3aller

Wall >>>>>>>> Lillard

7. cbk41

cbk41 Member

muh dunks

8. i3artow i3aller

Take away Lillard's jumper, especially his 3-ball, and J. Wall has him beat on all other fronts. Worse still for Lill; Wall's shot is actually starting to click.

I don't really think Lillard is overrated so much as people are just confused that he is the one chosen for such a deal.

Someone tells me Harden just signed a $100 million deal, and it would make more sense, and I'd definitely have to pick up those JH13s.

9. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Wall is in his 4th season, and yet to average 20 a game.

Lillard is 2 years in, and averaging 20 for his career so far. He's a fantastic scorer, and make a lot of clutch plays.

I personally don't see the problem in choosing Lillard ahead of Wall or Curry.

10. SK34

SK34 Member

Lillaird is older than wall by 2-3 months i think also.

11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

The numbers may not necessariliy show it, but I think Lillard has taken a big step from last year. His three point shot is still lethal even when contested, but now he gets by his man quite easily in the clutch. He's their go to guy down the stretch and he regularly delivers. If his shots at the rim were as good as his contested jumpers he'd be an elite scorer already.

12. awc713

awc713 Member

13. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

He's a hot commodity right now I guess...

14. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vnaZBRumpg4?list=PLEs0-edzYFq6VoRui1FiDkQkjsNCvTZ5M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

*cough*