1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets or Spurs to win more playoff games in 2014?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KDJ3, Jul 17, 2013.

1. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/07/17/blogtable-rockets-or-spurs-out-west/?ls=iref:nbahpt3b

At least one guy thinks they'll do it! I actually do think it's a toss up...especially this early in the process. There's just nothing going on in sports right now....unless you like baseball.

#1 KDJ3, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  2. htownbandit

htownbandit Rookie

These guys don't know what the hell they're talking about. Fu.ck the Spurs!!

3. Grandpappy

Grandpappy Member

**** the spurs

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Too many homers on here.

Our team still only looks like a good team on paper. Rockets aren't proven yet. Spurs are.

/thread.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Regular season does not matter much

I like our chances to win 4 out of 7 against the Spurs. A healthy Dwight and Omer will dominate the interior.

6. Ditty

Ditty Member

I dont think the Spurs are done this offseason with there moves. Still can see then landing a small forward via sign n trade for Blair or Neal with Bonner being included for salaries, and aproject big man like Oden & another ball handler like Mo Williams for cheap. Right now I like how the Spurs match up with anyone in the west and we got two capable defenders who have played defense very well against Harden & Dwight in Kawhi & Duncan. I think the Rockets can give the Spurs a run for there money if Dwight gets it together. I love the Bellenilli & Pendegraph signings, and the Rockets have been avoiding the Spurs in the playoffs too long :D

7. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

Timmy gets injured, Spurs lose in first round in 5

8. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Exactly. IIRC the Spurs gave Howard (and Gasol) problems and swept them.

I hate using the word homer, but this off-season we will see a lot of homerism about how good the Rockets are. Every year people forget about the Rockets and they surprise everyone. The Harden trade and Asik acquisition contributed greatly to that. But that doesn't mean we will be so much better with Howard taking Asik's minutes. In 36 mpg, Dwight grabbed 12.4 rebounds while Asik grabbed 11.7 in 30 mpg.

9. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

I think the majority of their opinions are right on. The Spurs are a proven team and were 30 seconds away from winning another championship against the Heat. And they simply got better in the off season. The Rockets are much better than last season, and will likely finish in the top half of the playoff seeding, but we're not a known commodity.

For the record, I think we're going to get to the Western Conference Finals this year, then to the Finals the next season. But I'm just never sure how the Spurs are going to finish.

10. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

I'm never betting against the Spurs they should of won the title this year and I thought they were done years ago

11. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Spurs have a system that has worked for over a decade. We barely have a system.

Greg Popovich >>> Kevin McHale simple as that. :(

12. lalala902102001

At the end of the day talents win. Even a great coach like Pop can make mistakes in the playoffs, for example game 6 of the NBA finals.

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

Depends on how age treats the Spurs. They'll always be hard to decipher until Timmy, Manu, and Pop retire. One of these years they're finally gonna fall off a cliff. Never know, it could be this one.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You are too scared of them. Granted that they have been a formidable bunch.

OKC being with Westbrook and a tougher Grizzlies would have been harder for them go get by

15. cw3k

cw3k Member

What? Are you saying the ISO Harden is not a system? I am shock :eek:

16. VBG

VBG Member

Spurs were a free throw/rebound away from winning the NBA championship. Hard to pick aginst then.

17. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

let's count the spurs out again...just like we did last year, and the year before, and the year before...also think leonard is gonna have a big year and the belenelli signing was a really good move

18. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I would say **** the spurs even if we are lottery bound. I would think age is going to catch up with the spurs eventually. I hope this is that year.

19. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

werent the rockets like top 5 defense or something when asik was on the floor? dwight/asik for 48 minutes would probly be that atleast id think lol

20. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Gotta got with Spurs due to both respect and logic. We have done nothing yet, and need to play great team defense.