1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Washington Post] Rockets star James Harden adjusting, evolving into leader with Team USA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Aug 27, 2014.

1. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2014/08/27/rockets-star-james-harden-adjusting-evolving-into-leader-with-team-usa/

2. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I love harden. This dude is gonna represent the city and the rockets for the next 10 years and I couldn't be happier. This guy is a stud and clearly his peers respect his voice and talent. Good news rockets fans. This was a great interview I liked it.

3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice... Harden can say whatever the hell he wants, as long as his D this season and post season backs up his talk.

4. chandlerbang21

All I want now is to see his game evolve to complete the process. He is gonna get hurt with all the intentional running into defenders

5. bmd

bmd Member

I'm happy that Harden seems willing to put in work defensively. I'm glad he's around coaches like Thibodeau who can stress the importance of defense. He seems like he wants to make a point that he can play defense.

I hope he continues that throughout this next year.

That low light video might be the best thing that could have happened to him if all of the talk can motivate him to improve defensively.

He seems willing.

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Really nice to see him shouldering the blame for the 1st round exit. I'm not certain he would have done that this time last year.

7. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

In before the CH post ****ting all over Harden. Hopefully he has learned and is taking the first round loss personally. If Harden can become a better defender and take a step up all of our offseason losses wont matter. Here's to hoping. :p

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If this summer has resulted in Harden becoming a changed player who's dialed in on defense as well as offense, which at least seems to be the case, then that's about as important as anything for the Rockets going forward.

He's said it before, though, so I guess we'll wait and see what happens come November...

9. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

ummm, I don't think that's how it goes. Am I missing something?

fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me...

10. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

I'm more worried about the fact that his field goal percentage is sub 40% on a team of NBA Allstars, on maybe the most FG attempts per game out of the whole Team USA roster.

11. Bob Barker 007

On a related note:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

"Fool me once...shame, shame on you. Fool me twice...you can't fool me again." -George W. Bush

13. bmd

bmd Member

I'm more interested in Calandra Snowden.

14. traveler

traveler Member

Harden will end up the MVP eventually. And he still won't get respect from some so caled Rocket fans.

15. Bob Barker 007

My friend sent this picture to me, lol.

16. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

[​IMG]

17. sutton

sutton Member

Some PR pull by Harden's agent, not quite as impressive as Rose's.

18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Durant's "coming out" party was in Turkey, hopefully, this is Harden's "coming out" party.

19. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

His coming out party will be where all the big booty bishes aren't. In fact there must be such a severe shortage that Harden is forced to do nothing but focus on his game.

Unfortunately, the world cup is not held in China this year

20. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

If he only had enough help. Tori black, Joey Dorsey & Jeff Adrien smh