1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Nokia Lumia 920/820 Thread - Windows Phone 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Amel, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

8.7MP Camera Nokia PureView technology – Optical Image Stabilization and Carl Zeiss lens - 1.3MP Front facing Camera
    4.5 '' PureMotion HD+, 331ppi, 1,280 x 768 with Super Sensitive Touch Display
    1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 dual core processor
    1GB of RAM
    32 GB Internal Storage (Non Upgradable)
    2,000mAh battery
    In yellow, red, white, grey, and black.

November 2nd on AT&T, nothing on other US carriers yet.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/9/5/3293369/nokia-lumia-920-windows-phone-8

Nokia has officially unveiled its new flagship smartphone, the Lumia 920. As expected, Nokia's new Lumia has received a bump in specs over the previous iteration, with a 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 dual core processor, a slightly larger 4.5-inch curved glass display with a 768 x 1280 resolution, a 2,000mAh battery, and the new Windows Phone 8 operating system. Nokia is calling its new display the "PureMotion HD+," and says that it's the "best smartphone display innovation" the company has ever made, with "better than HD resolution" and fast refresh rates — Nokia says it's the "brightest smartphone HD display ever," and also the "fastest LCD display ever shipped on a smartphone." Nokia is also touting the PureMotion HD+'s daylight viewing capabilities, and says that the phone's color tone and brightness automatically responds to sunlight. You can see our impressions and hands-on photos of the Lumia 920 right here.

Nokia says the new Lumia will come in "vibrant colors" (the yellow, red, white, grey, and black pictured above), and features a one-piece polycarbonate body. As expected, Nokia is also pulling a couple of tricks out of its sleeve: it's adding wireless charging for the Lumia 920, built on the Qi wireless power standard. Nokia is also incorporating its "PureView" camera technology, but just don't get too excited: we're looking at an 8.7 megapixel sensor in the 920, not the 41 megapixels in the PureView 808. Nokia says the 920 features a "floating lens" optical image stabilization system that allows for sharper photographs in low-light situations, a better app and camera interface, and 1080p video recording.

Nokia compared to other phones
    http://www.theverge.com/products/compare/6116/5807/6082/6024/5236/3604/

[​IMG]

Wireless charging
    [​IMG]

Wireless Headphones
    [​IMG]

Portable Wireless Speaker
    [​IMG]

Wireless Speaker/Charger
    [​IMG]

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

The iPhone and other respective android phones win out on the front facing camera. Now, do I care if my twitter photos of me in the bathroom or at a restaurant are 8 MP? Not so much.

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Scratch that, I am incorrect about the front facing cameras... It's spec for spec with the iPhone...

4. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

That screen. Almost makes me want to try Windows 8. Drool.

5. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

It will be interesting to see when the first 920 reviews come in, is it gonna come close to the iPhone. I love those live tiles...pretty cool

Check out the "Gif" cinamograph app...you can create gifs in a matter of seconds, starts at 1:04, disregard the boobies

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0FOK0_cKEWo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

I hate that it's (maybe) not released till Nov or that they can't give pricing. The 920 or the iPhone 5 will be my next phone, but I don't really want to wait.

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Honestly that's Windows Phone in a nutshell though. Great product, piss poor marketing. It will be competitively priced I can assure you of that. What bothers the hell out of me is that they knew the iPhone was coming out late September but they hesitated on their own release. Why? Windows 8 has a lot to do with it. October 26th is the magic day. How much do you want to be Microsoft didn't want WP8 to scoop or detract from Win8 release?

8. Grumbler

Grumbler Member

yeah, nokia better do good because some people keep on talking about stock price will go up in another thread. :)

9. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

trying to push the price up :grin:

rooting for Nokia tho

10. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

man i want this phone! not coming out on verizon?

11. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

12. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/18804

Nokia Closing Deal with Verizon to Increase Presence of Lumia Line in the U.S.

By Julie Kent. Published on 09/10/2012 - 11:39am

Nokia's Lumia line of smartphones might soo n have a bigger presence in the United States, as it is now said that the mobile phone manufacturer is working on closing a deal with Verizon.

Nokia announced their new line up of Lumia phones - the Lumia 820 and Lumia 920 - on September 5th. Both Nokia and Lumia are looking to increase their presence in the lucrative U.S. mobile phone market, and with Verizon stocking Lumia devices, they could do just that.

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

If I weren't waiting for a Note 2, I would probably get this phone. The screen is too small for me.

14. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Absolutely my Lumia 900, will definitely be shelling out the cash for the 920. I want that red :)

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Looks nice, but I can't find that little apple logo anywhere on the phone. Must be fake and/or too complicated to use.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Does the 920 have the microSD slot or not? Originally, I thought it didn't, but then I read on the The Verge somewhere that it would have one.

If they go with Verizon I will be a happy man.

Either way, I'm getting it. Will be hard to hold out, because my Samsung Captivate is bugging really bad now. The screen just goes on and off whenever it wants, draining my battery. And the screen rarely turns on when I try to get it to. Usually takes 2-3 minutes of messing with it to get it on.

17. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

a little bit of trolling by Nokia

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9RznDbt7VHs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

http://wmpoweruser.com/nokia-scores-chinas-largest-carrier-for-the-nokia-lumia-920/

Nokia scores China’s largest carrier for the Nokia Lumia 920

September 13, 2012 | By Surur
    Huang Guoqiang, director of Nokia China has posted in the Chinese microblogging service that the Nokia Lumia 920 TD-SCDMA version will be launching on China Mobile, China’s largest carrier with more than 680 million subscribers, close to 70% of the country’s subscribers.

The support is made possible by the Qualcomm MSM8690/8260A chip which does support China Mobile’s TD-SCDMA standard.

China Mobile has still not decided to offer the iPhone, including the iPhone 5.

Not wanting to be left out, Sun Yi, an executive from China Telecom, with more than 200 million mobile phone subscribers, said while they will not be getting the Nokia Lumia 920 they will in fact be releasing Windows Phone 8 handsets from other OEMs such as HTC and Samsung.

No specific time scale was released, but hopefully with direct chipset support it will be sooner rather than later.

Via WinP.cn

19. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

http://www.bgr.com/2012/09/14/att-galaxy-note-ii-lumia-920-release-date/

EXCLUSIVE: AT&T to launch Nokia Lumia 920 and Samsung Galaxy Note II on October 21st

BGR has confirmed with a trusted source that AT&T’s (T) upcoming flagship smartphones for the holidays — besides that flagship smartphone, of course — will be launching on October 21st. This will include the Nokia (NOK) Lumia 920 and the Samsung (005930) Galaxy Note II. An AT&T spokesperson had no comment. Nokia unveiled its flagship Lumia 920 smartphone during a press conference last week, and it features a 4.5-inch display, a unique design and Windows Phone 8. Samsung’s Galaxy Note II was announced ahead of the annual IFA trade show in August, and BGR took a hands-on look at the “phablet” earlier this week. Samsung’s mobile boss JK Shin was recently quoted as saying the Note II will launch in October.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Nice os but way behind on apps