1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Kick-Ass 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Just watched the first movie and was inspired to read about it. Lo and behold, the first hit was about a sequel.

HollywoodNews.com: Despite sputtering at the domestic box office with $48.1 million, a sequel to Lionsgate’s cult action film “Kick-Ass” looks to be a reality.

Franchise creator Mark Millar talked about the sequel, “Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall,” with Movieweb. Digital Spy was reading the piece.

“We left things off with [Hit Girl] being adopted by this extremely nice man. He is a cop. And she has to stop killing people,” said Millar.

“She is going to be like Clint Eastwood in ‘Unforgiven,’ where she hasn’t picked up a gun in years.”

“[Red Mist] is a guy who has had his entire family killed by Hit Girl. He heads off and develops his martial arts skills. He learns how to become a better villain,” he added.

“He is going to come back and wreck unholy vengeance on our team. But in reality, he just comes back and gets stoned, and he spends a lot of money. He can’t do anything, so he hires this bad ass girl from Russia, she comes into the story, and her plan is to kill Hit Girl.

“Red Mist becomes like Charles Manson. He goes online and influences a bunch of young villains to go against Kick-Ass and Hit Girl.’”

“Kick-Ass 2” is to be directed by the first installment’s helmer, Matthew Vaughn and slated for release in 2012. However, first Vaughn is busying himself with the comic-book prequel “X-Men: First Class” for Fox.

2. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

can't wait. mclovin as a villain. hit girl is awesome. not to be missed!

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I surprisingly enjoyed the first one. I thought this movie was gonna be crap like Epic Movie-esque... I was wrong.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

Jontro = will see.

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

6. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

WHAT ABOUT NIC CAGE?!

7. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Didn't he die?

8. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

it was disappointing that it wasn't a hit in theaters, but it's gaining a cult following at the moment

Kick-Ass and Inception are the best movies to come out this year IMO

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

completely agree

I can't wait

10. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I liked the movie, I dunno if it deserve to have a sequel since it do very well in the theaters anyways. I wish the first one would of had more Nick Cage in the movie. He was badass.

11. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Yeah, that article is spoilerific, I'm guessing. After a couple of lines in it certainly seemed that way and I stopped reading.

I didn't know how poorly the first one did at the box office, though.

12. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

I loved the first one, im a bit worried about the second one but theres definitely room for a sequel. heres hoping its good

i disagree. toy story 3 was better than both, though both of those are fantastic.

my 5 favorite movies of this year are all fantastic movies. not bad so far. Already seen two that I'd consider better than anything last year in Toy Story 3 and Inception.

13. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

When I first saw the trailer I was thinking more Zombieland and Pineapple Express-esque.

But yeah definitely should not be categorized in the Epic Movie/Scary Movie type genre.

14. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Kick Ass was awesome..

I think the girl who played Hit Girl was perfect for the role. Mclovin will make a good villain.. Hahaha!

15. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

McVillian?? NICEE!!

16. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Excellent!

17. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

Just got finished watching this again and I enjoyed it even more than the first time. Really looking forward to this. I do kind of wish they'd Terrence Howard Mclovin. He was the weakest part of the first movie.

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You wish they'd lowball him on a contract for the movie after he wins an Oscar (thus resulting in him declining on returning for a sequel)? Also in turn resulting in him being replaced by an actor too short for the role but a good actor none the less?

Somehow I don't think that's gonna happen with mclovin. ;)

19. VanityHalfBlack

This is going to kick so much ass!!!

20. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

TS3 would be 3rd on my list, can't argue with your order though