1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So we're just gonna ignore the monster season Zach Randolph is having....again?!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Kwame, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

He's averaging 21 and 14 the last 5 games, which includes 29 and 19 against the Rockets. He's putting up 20 and 13 for the season on almost 50% shooting. Yes, the haters will hate, but Z-Bo gets the job done and then some. He's even playing better than he did last year when he was an all-star. You don't see Nelson Mandela hatin':

[​IMG]

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Meh. He's on the Grizz. The only player I follow on that team is Rudy Gay.

3. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

Has he ever made it to the playoffs? Can't knock his production but i wonder whether he could do it for a team fighting for a ring. Dont know if he can keep his mind set on the prize at the end.

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

So what do you want for him? A monument?

ZeBo's 20-13 is often at the expense of the team's success. Enough said.

5. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

hmm...so is Blake Griffin? so is Steve Nash?

6. sw847

sw847 Member

wow you got any proof to that? in fact i would argue that he is the reason why the grizz are in games/winning this season. he is their only true consistent factor. When they need a basket, they look to him.

Why hate on Zbo, they guy just plays hard, does all the dirty work, plays defence and really is an unselfish player. I would argue Gay gets his at the expense of the team, but definitely not ZBo. He plays within the system and does not really force much bad shots.

7. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Who gives a ****...he plays for the grizz.

8. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

All you had to do was a little bit of research to answer this question.

You should apologize for what you've just said, like this ESPN writer did last year:

Wednesday, January 27, 2010
    I'm Sorry, Z-Bo
    By Kevin Arnovitz

I was less than kind to Zach Randolph when he joined the Los Angeles Clippers in November 2008.

Though he routinely put up lines of 20 & 10, Randolph personified everything I didn't like about stat hogs. Once he got the ball on the block, he couldn't be bothered to scan the floor for teammates or make the extra pass. Though I consider myself a fairly level-headed guy not prone to scapegoating or piling on, Randolph was too convenient a target -- for his playing style, his conditioning, his behavior away from the floor, everything really.

As much as disliked Randolph's game, I resented him even more for provoking a vindictive strain in my voice. Not only did Randolph bring out the worst in his teams -- he brought out the worst in me!

When the Clippers dealt Randolph to Memphis last summer, I rejoiced.

Then the improbable happened.

Randolph spent the summer getting into shape and showed up in Memphis committed to playing a winning brand of basketball. Though he's still dominating defenders in the post, his game has grown. He's a willing passer and will move off the block to draw his defender away from the paint so Rudy Gay and O.J. Mayo can do their thing. He even occasionally defends!

Randolph has reminded me of something I too often forget:

Players can grow up, even as vets.

So it's time to come clean. I owe Z-Bo a big ol' apology for all those nasty things I wrote.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/print?id=12636

This is the NBA Dish, where we discuss other players and other teams.

9. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Nelson Mandela and his wife had burning car tires placed around their political enemies' necks. He was hatin' big time.

10. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Z-bo never heard of defending the paint. That's why all them numbers never add up to playoff success.

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

What? Horrible comparisons.

12. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

Seems like he's matured since being traded to Memphis.

I also read somewhere that he paid the utility bills for 15 families during the winter or something. Pretty cool I guess.

13. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

To me I just think he's playing for a big contract. For 50-60 mill he gonna get, heck yeah I would try to be on my best behavior

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Yes, I will continue to ignore Z-Bo. Couldn't care less about the guy. I might care some if he played on a team I gave .02 cents about.

15. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

zbo has always been a double double guy. but his defense is mediocre and he should never be your star player. he should be your 2nd / 3rd guy. he's the type of guy you can rely on to win games, but not one to carry your team to the playoffs.

16. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

he's been a 20/10 guy for the last 7 years. whats been different the last 2 seasons?

17. SpaceCityKid

SpaceCityKid Rookie

Gotta play big to get paid big!
    20 & 10 for the season only 3-4 players will do that every year. He isn't the greatest defender but boy does he have knack for finding the ball.

Scola <<<<<< Randolph

18. Raw Texas

Raw Texas Member

I did or were, until you saw the game the other day.

19. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

fixed

20. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I HATE thug stat padders!

[​IMG]