1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Full Highlights vs Heat 10/21/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by batkins, Oct 22, 2014.

1. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kA3CdIJW3F8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4 people like this.
  2. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Thanks Batkins!

3. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

Batkins already in regular season mode! You are the man!

4. alethios

alethios Member

That was a nice fake and finger roll by Jones, but I would have loved it if he threw it down with authoritah.

5. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Our offense at 0:25 perfectly the stagnant offense style we're playing this preseason. There has to be more off-ball movement to keep the defense honest. This is too easy to defend and is just dependent on hot shooting for a good outcome.

Our standard option is like it's shown at 0:13; pass into the post, passer runs around the post and then out to the other side, while the other perimeter guys rotate a bit to make space in a crowded strong side. What next? Back up, back up, back up while everyone stands around. Maybe one or two guys will cut to the basket when the shot goes off to try and get a rebound.

If there's a pick & roll play on the weak side, don't just have strong side guys swap positions on the 3-pt line... that doesn't count.

Now that I think about it, I can't recall the PG ever signalling the 'horns' this preseason. Probably because defense has been the focus but just an interesting observation anyway.

We need actual plays.

disclaimer: I don't claim to understand actual sets, but I can see when players are just standing around and the ball is not moving to space or near the basket.

#5 srrm, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

That was a clever little inbounds play on that last highlight for Tarik Black.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Papa with the short bounce pass to Terry in transition..He definitely has his own style.