1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The James Harden is tired thread.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SF3isBack!!, Mar 22, 2015.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

James Harden is TIRED. He needs rest. This guy has led the league in minutes played all year. He has only missed one game and it wasn't by choice. What he has been able to do this season has been nothing short of amazing. Most of the media had Houston as an 8th seed or out of the playoffs this year but we are third in the toughest Western Conference I've ever seen. I believe it's time to stop worrying about seeding and get this man some rest. Without a well rested Harden I don't think we go very far.

2 people like this.
  2. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

First, and yep I wish he could take a break.

1 person likes this.
  3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

he does need a break...

1 person likes this.
  4. cuneo77

cuneo77 Contributing Member

we need to keep big leads,especially against mediocre teams, and let him rest, if we clinch the 3rd or whatever spot,rest him the remaining games

1 person likes this.
  5. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

It's so obvious he is tired. The recent bashing of him has been absolutely ridiculous. He's the hardest worked player in the league this year.

1 person likes this.
  6. Rox11

Rox11 Member

He should kick more nuts then....

7. Rockets25

Rockets25 Member

When Dwight returns I say let James rest for a week or two. As long as we don't end up in the 8th seed then it should be beneficial.

8. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

I think it's more than just tired. James Harden scored 50 within the flow of the offense the other night.

It's more to due with Harden looking disinterested when the refs don't give him calls AND he happens to be missing his jumpers.

Ref bias will ebb and flow from game to game, and when he's not getting calls he shies away from attacking the basket and tries to let his teammates create. If his outside shot isn't falling either then you get what you saw last night, some nice transition dunks but no impact offensively.

9. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Mcfail's job depends on riding harden into the ground. Shortsighted coach is shortsighted :(

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Would you prefer to be rested and the #5-7 seed

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Would you want to be third seed and lose in the first round again?

12. Mr. Clutch

Would you prefer to be rested and lose in the first round?

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

^This, that is part of the reason I made this thread. So many people are so unappreciative of Harden when he doesn't play well. This guy has been elite but he is human. You can't have someone carry a team this much and expect them to stay elite by season's end. He definitely needs time off and people need to get off his back.

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Every team is lethal in the West. OKC could go on a run and get 6th. Then we will face OKC first round tired. At this point we need to worry more about getting everyone rested and healthy rather than having them keep trying to get a higher when teams change seeding almost daily.

15. Mr. Clutch

Would much rather face Dallas at home than Memphis on the road

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

As I said seeding changes daily in the West there is no way of Knowing who we get even if we get second seed we might still get OKC or San Antonio.

17. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

You rather have your best player as ready as possible, even if that means you have to face the best team in the world.

The rest isn't just to rest James physically, but most likely mentally. The season is a grind. He most likely has hit a wall. Despite the 50 point game a few nights ago, this stretch post-all-star is pretty worrying.

ZERO games above 50% shooting. 39% this month, 28% on 3s.

The team would be bounced with this James over a 7 game series regardless of opponent.

18. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

It seems like Harden has struggled since the game where he sprained his ankle. I can't remember who it was against, a couple of games before Cleveland I think.

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Same **** every year. They're going to give him a little rest before the playoffs. Anyone who's ever played a sport in here knows there's nothing worse than getting exhausted, taking your first rest then having to go out and be better than ever.

McHale is being a moron again. He keeps saying these guys are young and don't need rest but he's just covering his own ass. In NBA years, he is making them older faster.

I can't believe he's going to let this happen again right in front of our eyes.

Yes I would rather go into the playoffs without homecourt advantage and a rested Harden, than go into the playoffs with homecourt and an exhausted Harden. Nothing matters to this team more than Harden being able to produce. That's the definition of MVP. You can't call him the MVP and then hope the rest of the team can pick up the slack like any other team when the MVP is EXHAUSTED.

20. RESINator

RESINator Member

Pitiful excuses. James Harden is 25! He is in the midst of entering his prime right now.

What he needs to do is take the season seriously and stop getting smashed in Vegas.

1 person likes this.