1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Orleans

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rockHEAD, Apr 12, 2003.

1. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

Yo... greetings all you broadband users!!

I just got back from a 4 day 3 night mini-vacation in New Orleans, Louisiana!

I guess I'll pre-empt this by saying that the in-laws live there, so we go pretty often. But the in-laws have just bought a place in the French Quarter and man, talk about FUN!!!

We had some GOOD grub, GOOD drinks and the French Quarter Festival was going on while we were there... It's a free festival, along the river and in the French Quarter, you can bring your own coolers and they have local music, food and drinks! I could not believe that cups of beer were $2!!! At any festival in Houston beers are like $5... so $2 was a bargain! I ate a brisket sandwich and bread pudding from the House of Blues food tent, a bargain at $5 for the combo plate. There were throngs of people and tons of fun. I smoked a cigar and had a few daquiries while touring the Quarter. We also did some shopping and of course, walked a bunch.

We had dinner twice at a great place called the Quarter Scene Restaurant. A little place off the beaten path with really good food and terrific ambiance.

We also took a ghost tour that I found on the internet. We walked it ourselves with my printed pages and haha, we also ran into a couple of the "Ghost Tour" groups as we were doing our own thing. I loved it, they paid like $10-$20 bucks a head and I got mine free off the internet. Classic.

We stayed at a great little B&B called The Garland Guest Houses, right outside the Quarter and had a decent time. The B&B owner, Paula, was a chatty little woman with a big heart. She loved to talk and I loved to listen. Nicest people in the world. The only drawback was the room we were in did not have a phone line, so I had my laptop, but no connection and I even had dial up numbers for New Orleans.

If you've never been to New Orleans, you should at least go once in your life. It's a great place, with tons of history, ghosts, Bourbon St (of course), great music and great places to eat.

It's great to be home and back on the board! See ya around!