1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Evan Fournier

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Carl Herrera, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Thoughts on the guy? I never saw him play but what I read about him seems intriguing. Morey also went to see him play recently: http://bbs.clutchfans.com/showthread.php?t=217361&highlight=fournier

Basically, he is a 19-year-old 6'7'' wing putting up 14ppg on 26 mpg in the top French pro league. His statistical production is comparable to those put up by some of the top college prospects and is rather impressive considering he is a 19-year-old and playing against grown men. According to Draftexpress, (1) he has good physical tools and skills for an NBA SG, and (2) he needs to work on range-shooting and defense but these are fixable.

Draftexpress write-up about him: http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Evan-Fournier-Stepping-Up-in-France-3899

Probably the only European projected to go in the 1st round this year. Draftesxpress's mock draft has him going 23rd overall, so should be available when the Rockets pick, can perhaps even trade back and still snag him.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rtCZJyhVlog" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#1 Carl Herrera, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Chandler Parsons little brother.:grin:

3. Convictedstupid

Kind of expect the rockets to get him. Is he planning on coming over next year?

4. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

Ditto, I wouldn't be surprised if he is on our roster as a stash.

5. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Was reading up on him yesterday. Best player on his team in one of the top leagues though his team is pretty crappy. He is really interesting.

Not sure how he would translate to the next level. He isn't super athletic, isn't very long, extremely skinny. He is not a great defender (though I read he can be good) and is not a great shooter (27% from 3 and 74% from line are really not very good).

Honestly, I would rather gamble on somebody like Wroten imo.

6. Nook

Nook Member

He is similar to Myers Leonard in that he has a high upside, but far from a sure thing. He has the physical attributes to be an all star but has not faced the level of competition to be a top 10 pick.

If fans can stomach the 50% chance he is a bust, then he is a good risk. I have seen him play, for reference he is a slightly less impressive prospect than Pietrus was years ago.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I am willing to bet that his game will translate to the NBA easily. My only problem would be if he were coming over immediately. This is my only beef with getting Euroleague( or whatever league for that matter ) players.

8. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Euro stash.

9. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Haven't really watched him play, but I looked up some clips when somebody mentioned his name in the trade thread. Here's a video from his player of the month highlights in March:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MTEzZc7yGSE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looks like an interesting, crafty player but not sure he has athletic ability to be really good over here...

10. Carl Herrera

The ladies want to party with Parsons, but Evan Fournier makes them even ________.

11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Jesus, are those highlights at half speed? He makes Evan Turner look like Lebron.

12. Carl Herrera

It's because of the metric system. Different time measurement.

13. Convictedstupid

Then we could say "Thats a french ass name Evan" and it would still work pretty well with the mad tv skit.

14. denver-rox-fan

The guy looks way too Kevin Martin-y for me. If I had to guess, that would be his ceiling if he can get his shot improved. Not super athletic, not a great defender, great at drawing fouls from the 2 guard spot... sound familiar?

15. Pete the Cheat

a french kevin martin? thats a whole lot of quit, even for a cheese eating surrender monkey.

16. blunto

blunto Member

looks like he needs to work on that left hand a little bit (at least finishing around the rim)

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The idea of a 6'7 PG/SG is intriguing.

18. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

kevin martin

19. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

i definitely think the rockets will get him. the main reason being that we can stash him in europe!!!

there is absolutely no space on this roster! i bet whoever we pick in the first round (both picks) wont even crack the rotation so might as well keep a pick in europe.

20. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

what if we traded the knicks pick for bostons pick and the clips pick (which boston has). those picks should be around 21 and 24. it would give boston the chance to take austin rivers.

we could take fournier and maybe quincy miller / tony wroten (one stash and one high potential guy we can put in the d-league) with those picks, maybe leonard or moultrie with the other