1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden relishes fresh start, getting stability with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kturner77, Jul 23, 2016.

1. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

James Harden could have a better season than MJ ever did and RA could have a better season than Pippen ever did and it isn't going to matter. The team I hate more than almost anything in this world is going to be unbeatable because of a spineless coward named Durant that doesn't have the balls to win something himself.

2. Fantasma Negro

We play them what twice, three times? Don't let another team squelch the enjoyment of a new season. Watch the national games and enjoy the circus for what it is but it all boils down to the playoffs . We should have good seeding but eventually we will face the monster head on. You can't live your life under the covers, cone out and see the sunshine. We have a very underrated team with unknown potential, relax its just sports...

3. hakeemthagreat

I hate when he says he has to do everything on offense. It's a slap in the face to everybody else. The Rockets CHOOSE to run all iso plays for Harden because it'll inflate his numbers. Overall him doing everything is by choice in last year's moreyball system

4. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Indeed, play D and it will make EVERYTHING easier! Well, that and stop hitting the club DURING the season and he'll have more left in the tank at the end of the year, when it really counts. ;)

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Yeah, but if we take 2/3 or 3/3 from them in the regular season, we'll all be incredibly happy and acting like we're gonna win a championship.

6. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Funny, the media bashes and creates story lines by skewing the interpretation of those "real answers". You have politically correct responding players, then you have players that put their foot in their mouths (Tracy McGrady). I just want this team to play to the fullest of their potential. We all know Harden has MVP talent, he just needs to balance his offensive game along side his defensive game.

7. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

"It's really difficult to go out there, play all 82 games, lead the league in minutes and have to do everything offensively. I mean, no one else had that weight on their shoulders in the league."

Everything he said was 100% true... And stop with this nonsense... "The Rockets choose to.. to inflate his numbers"... LOL... Get a load of this guy.

Once again I'll repeat the same facts for you haters and casuals.... Harden is the SOLE legit ball handler, playmaker, and shot creator on the team.

He has to create the bulk of his offense and everyone else's out of necessity. :rolleyes:

8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Name one person on last years team you'd be confident taking shots away from Harden?

9. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

Thats not a good thing. Are they trying to win a title or just make sure James gets his numbers? :rolleyes:

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

If every teams best player sat with remaining roster and coaching staff intact last year, what would the rockets seed be?

11. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Exactly.... And it never was a good thing, but he made it work better than most cuz of his greatness offensively.... Which is why it helps him adding Anderson, and Gordon.... Hopefully we can add one more at some point.

13. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

They never wanna actually answer this question my man.

Nor do they understand the limitations of the personnel on the team last year when they make comments like that.

14. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

could harden... turn the corner with a new system and teammates?

15. don grahamleone

Listen up, folks that joined sometime after 2012, this is how it's done around here. TheFreak is being like all good role models and setting an example.

16. Fantasma Negro

How old are you? Yeah, but? I give a look outside into the golden meadows and you say "yeah, but". I can see I've wasted my time. Ok, run for your lives the basketball team from Oakland is going to ruin everything good this year, boo hoo, (insert tear drops here)

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Just wondering is it normal for players to have a new pair of shoes every game? Seems extremely wasteful to me those shoes ain't cheap :confused:

It's not like 1 game of playing will make them horrible lol.

18. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Pretty sure he probably gives em away

19. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Soooo....what you're also saying is that you can't name another player who impacts the game on both sides? lol...

I get what you're saying, I do. But get what I'm saying too. What is he supposed to do, rail on himself like clutchfans does? Even as he's acknowledging defensive shortcomings?

Yeah he carried the offense. Who else could? DWIGHT???? Not.

20. don grahamleone

I agree with you that it's going to be a good year despite Golden State, but there's nothing wrong with beating the team that ruined the NBA. We certainly have the offensive firepower to do it.