1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ATT Uverse feedback

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by justtxyank, Mar 12, 2015.

?

Your take on Uverse

Poll closed Mar 17, 2015.
  1. I have it and I would recommend you make the jump

55.6%
  2. I have it and I would advise against the jump

16.7%
  3. I abstain, courteously

27.8%
  1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

So I have DTV and have had them for 9 out of the last 10 years and I have Comcast cable.

My bill has exploded on me and for the first time, DTV isn't willing to work with me. I'm paying $112 for TV in two rooms with no premiums and $50 for internet.

I can co to ATT Uverse for $100 a month with a $200 gift card and that includes all premiums and has internet.

The internet is slower, I know that. But how do people who have uverse feel about it?

Is the HD noticeably worse? Is the internet noticeably slower? Will it impact my once a week Xbox time?

Edit: Oh, and it costs me $60 to cancel DTV

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Where's the option for I abstain, rudely? :)

I wanted to switch to Uverse, but our new subdivision out in Katy doesn't have it. Xfinity 1 for me. Sorry for the derail :)

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I'm paying like $95 bucks for power internet through Uverse now. Speeds are better, but ******* I wish gigapower would hurry up and get here.

In my experience DTV is too expensive in the 2nd year to be worth it.

Uverse overall is the lesser of the three evils.

**** Dish Network up their stupid asses.

4. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

If you're recording too many things you can't watch live TV which is kind of annoying.

5. justtxyank

What is their dvr like? How many shows can I record at once?

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Coincendentally enough, I almost disconnected service with them today.

I've been lied to by their sales department from the start about pricing. Long story short, I've been paying $163 plus tax for 18 mbps internet and the U200 package. I finally said this is BS and I was going to cancel and make the jump to sling TV even if it was only for one TV.

Well, the lady in the cancellation department gave the next month for free ($150 credit basically) and reduced my price to $110 plus tax for what I described. Football season is where it would really hurt to not have cable so I decided to stay with them.

The actual service in the home? No issues whatsoever.

7. justtxyank

Another question. I have no phone line at all in the home. Will I be able to setup the uverse gateway myself or will they charge me a buttload to come out and set it up?

8. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

They are "meh".

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

They bait you in with claims of "29.95" per month but after you add the HD charges, the DVR, the taxes and all the other **** by the 2nd year you're bill is going to be way north of a hundy.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I think it's 4. That's the limit.

I've had it for a few years. It's OK. HD quality is inferior but that doesn't bother me. I'm planning to cut the cord once my contract runs up and just get Comcast internet.

11. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Yeah, but I can record two shows and watch another live. I think UVERSE is the best for tv service. Their interface is the best and I feel like their cable boxes work faster. I just like the whole look and design of it better than when I had Comcast TV. I've never had problems with their internet either and am always able to download fast. Been with them since 2010.

12. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I had UVerse internet for about a year. I paid for "up to" 24 Mbps (the highest speed available in my area), and my connection usually maxed out at 15 Mbps (wired). Wireless speeds were usually around 10 Mbps. I paid $70/month for that crap. I hated it.

Didn't have the cable, so I can't comment on that.

13. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

No one has mentioned this but if you care about picture quality do not get Uverse. They have the lowest bitrate at which channels stream of all the big providers.

I forgot what site I got this from but the bitrates from the companies are along these lines

Verizon Fios 14-20 mbps
    Directv 12-14 mbps
    Comcast 10-12
    ATT - 6 mbps

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Idk man. I play games like Halo MCC without any internet issues at 18 mbps.

15. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Gaming doesn't really require high speeds. I download and stream a lot which is where most of my frustration came from.

I was mostly upset with never getting the 24 Mbps speed that I paid for. I pay for 105 Mbps from Comcast now, and I get around 160 Mbps constantly.

16. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I have the 450 package with 24 down speeds which is plenty enough for the wife and I. I've had SEVEN different modems go out for internet in the past 15 months, countless technicians out to try to fix their horrible wirless in my home so I ended up hard lining the wiring upstairs... and the picture quality is just, meh. My friends with Direct TV, I'm jealous of their picture quality. I'm only paying $130 a month with taxes for the full 450 package + internet + HD + 5 DVR's so I guess I'm just too lazy to make the change.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I had it and have only internet now.

Only annoying thing is the laggy interface

18. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

Their HD quality is pretty atrocious. I actually am going to switch to DTV as they have the best quality (except for OTA but then not enough channels!). I actually use chromecast to get better picture quality than what Uverse does on the same TV

19. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

HD is noticeably worse, also their support is poor at best. We started with TV and internet and all premiums for 140 a month, after a few months it went up to 180, then 220 a little later.

1 of our 2 boxes hasnt worked since they had an outage, no one can seem to fix it, they were supposed to send me a replacement a month ago. Its for the gym room and I dont use it so I havent stayed on top of it.

Im considering dropping cable all together and just getting comcast 100MB internet for $100/mo

20. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

I've actually found their service to be pretty good..its the just the quality of HD I mentioned in my earlier post that just kills me. Channel selection is excellent though and better than cable.