1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

who will be the most improved player in 2003

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by wagner, Aug 13, 2002.

1. wagner

wagner Member

I think that the 2003 most improved player will be Corey Maggette...i think that Corey will have a huge season....like (18p,7rbs,4ast,2stl and will have the FG% near 50.)

2. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

Eddie Griffin

3. Panda

Panda Member

Ditto.

4. Soybean Fanatic

Shawn Bradley.

5. Trader Dan

Trader Dan Member

Richard Jefferson. Seriously. :(

6. wagner

wagner Member

Trader Dan ....my second choice was R-Jeff too...:D :D :D

7. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

Rodney White. Any contribution is an improvment.

8. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I'll go with the darkhorse and say Darius Miles. He'll undoubtedly be their first scoring option in Cleveland now, so I see him getting his scoring average up to about 20-22 per game in a weak Eastern Conference...

9. off_welfare

off_welfare Member

Tod McCulloh haha

10. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Well, I'm bias so I gotta go with Griffin. Miles and Jefferson I think are good possibilties too.

Suprised no one mentioned the Creampuff Man, Jason Collier. I had a hard time picking from him and Griff, but decided Yao would take most of the minutes away from Creampuff.

BTW, I wasn't serious, though if Col... I mean the Creampuff avg 10ppg, that would be a good improvement.

11. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Actually, Dajuan could very possibly be the first scoring option. From the last of what I have seen of Miles and Wagner, Wagner was by far the better offensive player. Miles just isn't ready yet. And won't be until he develops a jump shot.

12. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

No better way to develop a jump shot than by shooting 25 times per game! :)

Miles is also eligible for a contract extension after next year, so he'll be jacking up plenty of shots to get his stats up...

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Wang Zhi Zhi

He just seems like he's got something major to prove. If he doubles his minutes to 20mpg, he'll have a good chance of getting it.

as for 2nd yr players, Tyson Chandler has a better shot than Griffin, based on Chandler being a more major focus of their immediate changes.

Mourning has an outside shot; although they don't regularly give it out to comeback players, he might be the exception, if Miami makes the playoffs.

14. Live

Live Member

Lamar Odom. Has a lot to prove, plus a playoff berth for the Clips could be on the line.

Heypartner, Wang is a good candidate, but if he goes back to the Mavs (or is even in the NBA next year), he might get burried on the bench again. If he goes to a team like GS, he should get some major minutes.

15. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

Jefferson and Miles are great picks. My pick is Tim Thomas. With Glenn Robinson gone, that's about 20-22ppg that the Bucks lost. By stepping into Big Dog's starting SF spot, Thomas has a great chance to help fill in that hole. Michael Redd would be a good pick as well, but he probably won't see enough PT to make a big impact.

Speaking of second year players, I think Jason Richardson has a great chance of turning into something special. I hesistate to choose any of the high school players, because they usually blossom in their third year as pro's.

I also want to say Vince Carter, although he won't win it, because he's already an established superstar. Vince seems to be determined to prove himself next season. I guess all that criticism he endured lit a fire in him. He has all the tools and talent to be one of the best...now it's all about desire (especially the desire to play d). I think he's going to come back with a vengeance.

#15 LiLStevie3, Aug 13, 2002
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2002
  16. austinrocket

austinrocket Member

Can you say Ricky Davis, the man is a god

17. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

either miles or kenyon martin.

18. Stevie Francis

so its miles
    davis
    maggete
    Griffin
    Martin
    Jefferson
    White
    Chandler.....chandler, he was not that good in the summer leagues. i say as of now griff has a better shot. But chandler will be thee in the future.

Some of those guys will not get much pt.

For clevland i would like to see a lineup of wagner at 1, davis at 2, and miles at 3 and eventually 4 in the east. And jones at 3, and who ever wants to play 5 can play it. Now thatys the clippers all over again, a load of talent.

19. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Eddie Griffin!

20. A-Franchise

A-Franchise Member

Agree:) :p :cool: