1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Ty Lawson is a stopbag; Beverley should start

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zxcvbn193, Nov 19, 2015.

1. zxcvbn193

zxcvbn193 Member

I've been around here since DMO got drafted/traded to the Rockets and I became very huge fan since then. I play non proffessionall basketball myself so I know a thing or two about this sport.

Now going to the main topic : Ty Lawson. The guy became a terrible player. Terrible and we don't need him at all, my opinion why as I'll point it out.

1) For a PG he is undersized and over weight, neither he is athletic and can't defend at all. he can't contest shots properly because of his size, other than that there are so many explosive PG's in the league that 80% of them can just run through him in the fast break and dunk over his head.
    2) His confidence is down. I know you're nervous a couple of weeks when you quit smoking (cigarettes), but come on with his talent, his main strength should be creating shots for himself, others and splashing those three's. Which is not happening and I doubt with the current style of Rocket's that's going to happen.
    3) Our system fits so much better with Pat Beverley. Harden needs the ball he demands the ball, he can score, but he needs help on defense, that's why Beverly is not only a best choice in Rockets uniform, but one of the best choices ever. He can defend well and he can knock down an open three, I believe at the same rate, just like Ariza. We will get DMO back who wil help us space the floor and our attack should flow just fine and with DMO's defensive iq and Beverly defensive IQ and toughness, we could actually forget that Harden is not a world class defender.

So then again I'm okay giving a chance for TY Lawson a chance to play with the 2nd unit and gain some confidence in himself and see how that pans out, but we got Wolverine Pat who is with the organization long enough.

All in all, Morey did a mistake here, that has cost chaos in the team, firing of coach McHale and a loss of confidence in players themselves. A Young prospect pg would be ideal for now. Just get rid of that no good midget out of the team with no confidence and bad habbits.

Agree/disagree?

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Disagree; Agree

3. zxcvbn193

zxcvbn193 Member

I meant creating for himself others and splashing three's should be his job and apparantly he fails to deliver it, not to mention he is a bad defender for his position. :((

4. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

What's your 3pt %?

5. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

I have no argument; you know a thing or two about the sport.

1 person likes this.
  6. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Well I guess since you play pick up basketball at the Y you must know what you're talking about.

7. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Haha...what?

Yes, Lawson is responsible for all of that. Right.

8. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

So when you're playing basketball on Xbox nba2k, are you running plays or doing freestyle?

9. cheatpnz

cheatpnz Member

the whole team been playing bad

10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

What's a stop bag?

12. zxcvbn193

zxcvbn193 Member

Well to be fair he is our main aqusition this offseason, we haven't lost any valuable pieces. I'm sure he's fun at party's, but on the court he has been awful and giving his skills and our team play style, I don't see him fitting here at all. That's it. Rondo couldn't fit in Mavs schemes last season too, he is doing well with SAC.

I'm not saying Lawson couldn't play for sixers and be their leader, I'm saying he is dragging the team down with his current skills when he's playing with Rockets next to Harden.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Only if you could spell profeshunal. :p

I've heard many call James Harden fat. First time I've heard Ty Lawson is "overweight". Morey must be rubbing off on him, huh?

Ty is(was) pretty fast himself. Point guard dunk on Lawson? :eek: I'd like to see that.

Ty doesn't have a smoking problem. He ha(s/d) a drinking problem.

Guys, you heard it here first. Beverley is one of the best choices ever for Rockets point guard.

14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

It appears he's now coming off the bench, so maybe hold the rant until/unless that changes.

15. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Are the numbers clear though?

1 person likes this.
  16. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Beverley can't stay healthy

17. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

I wouldn't critize Ty at all until (hopefully) JB gets more ball movement and some plays into our offense

18. bmd

bmd Member

He is undersized. He's not overweight. He is athletic. Beverley's defense is a bit overrated. And yes I agree that Ty should come off the bench... at least for now.

19. Newlin

Newlin Member

Bickerstaff said after the game that Ty will not be starting going forward. I don't know if that will be all season or not. I also don't know what the rotation will be when Bev comes back. My guess is that Bev will be starting.

Bickerstaff said he wanted to give Ty more freedom to create, and that playing point with second unit would give him that opportunity.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

My stopbag is full.