1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Qb situation

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by MambaJoe, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We'll see. I think starting Hoyer is absolutely a step backwards from Fitz, but if Mallett had been able to play like he did in his one start before injury he had potential to be a step forward. Doesn't really matter anymore though because we're all set to suffer through a bit of Browns football to start the season.

2. what

what Member

The texans 2014 draft was terrible. Did they get even 1 NFL starter out of that draft? And yet all of that "talent" they just couldn't pass up for a qb is even more proof it.

Honestly the texans got exactly what they deserved. That 2014 draft probably set the texans back 5 years.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

C'mon, I know you are a Titans homer, but they got at least 4 starter quality players out of that draft already and an additional 2 or 3 with potential.

Clowney, Prosch, Hal, and Su'a-Filo all start for the Texans right now and Fiedorowicz is essentially a starter. Also, Blue is a very solid backup RB and they are pretty high on Pagan as a solid backup as well.

Of all the drafts to be down on, the 2014 Texans draft isn't a good example....that said if you are a Titans fan, I could see why you'd be upset about the guys the Texans took that year.

4. what

what Member

Until Clowney plays a full season without whining about his phantom injury, he's NOT a starting caliber player in the nfl. Sorry.

Every year at preseason time, there are a girth of puff pieces about some high level draft pick "getting it," read Su'a-Filo. He's done nothing in my mind.

And the only reason Blue started was because Foster was injured.

Where's the quality at?

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's an embarrassingly stupid comment.

Fortunately what happens in your mind is irrelevant. If what happened in the minds of Titans fans mattered, no sibling would be safe.

Notice how I didn't mention him as a starter.....

I'll just write this off as a Titans fan not remembering what quality football looks like. It's been so very long since you've watched any.

6. what

what Member

Yeah, well, at least we got a qb. Our backup qb would be you guy's starter, bwhwhawhahwa

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Fair enough, that's likely true, but unfortunately for you guys, that's all you have.....and your backup should probably be your starter. When the BE-SF's end up with a top 10 draft pick yet again, I hope your QB situation keeps you happy.

8. macho87

macho87 Member

QB situation: backups, backups everywhere. Year after year we get some reject retread backup QB to start

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

XSF and Fiedo both struggled last year, even by rookie standards. No one would say their rooke campaigns were successful.

Fiedo is not a starter either. XSF is listed as a starter on the depth chart...but he's hurt. We'll see.

Blue averaged 3.1 yards per carry.

Clowney of course is a "we'll see" as well due to injury.

But yeah, some of low draft picks for less important positions were okay, so there's that.