1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Kevin Martin - 13 Points Vs Hornets (2.21.10)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by batkins, Feb 21, 2010.

1. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OvFY8WaYUxA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OvFY8WaYUxA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

1 person likes this.
  2. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

lol at the last one being included :grin:

3. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

I try :grin:

4. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

this guy is not a bench player. idc how much favortism adleman has for shane trevor or against tmac, there is no reason that this guy should come off the bench on such an offensively challenged team. start him and play him starter minutes. his confidence needs the boost.

5. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Rick Adelman is afraid to hurt Battier and Ariza's feelings. =/

6. Htown's2kFinest

he should definitely be starting. I remember in the press conference when a reporter asked if he thinks he should start or not and of course trying to be humble he said he thinks he should come of the bench but I'm sure he didn't mean it. kinda a dumb question.

should've said something like: ..."you think i'm here for to sit on the bench n watch Ariza and Battier run the wing spots? Hell 2 da yeah I should start!" *then proceed on b**** slappin the guy for asking that stupid question*

:grin:

7. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Martin will start when the rest of the guys can get acclimated to him and vice versa. Sure he is pretty familiar with the system but he is playing with 4 new guys out there on the floor. That will come with a few practices. I'd expect to see him start by March, if not sooner.

8. Roxriver

Roxriver Member

From the glimpes of what I've seen of him in Houston, Kevin Martin looks quick - running the lanes, first step. Nice pump fakes. Not afraid to drive and go inside.

Cautiously optimistic...

9. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Even if he comes off the bench, shouldn't he be playing at least 35 mpg? I'm sick to death of seeing Battier and Ariza stumble around on the offensive end.

10. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

I think Adelman wants him to learn the offense more before he is put into the starting line up.

He did the exact same thing to T-Mac; you either work your way into the starting line up by learning all the plays, or you come off the bench and maybe not even play at all.

11. TheKevinMartin

GREAT JOB!
    I HAVE SUBSCRIBED YOU ON YOUTUBE.

12. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Awesome video quality. Hope you could share more Rockets vids in the future. Thanks!

13. trainwreck

trainwreck Member

hahahaha..that was funny bc it's true!!

14. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Kevin Martin should be starting...

Kevin Martin without any rockets training is still > battier or ariza

No time to settle in we need the best players to start !!!!

15. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

On the matter of Kev starting just wait till practice the games that follow will be better.

16. Rocketman2000

Rocketman2000 Contributing Member

Martin looked better, but that Jerffries guys surprised me. It felt weird having some height out there for a change. Can't wait to see with Hill and that other guy we got has to offer.

17. opticon

opticon Member

I would be very surprised if Kevin is not starting by the Orlando game. 2 days of practice is a big deal in nba terms. That should be enough time to learn the basic offensive sets.

My guess we see some time from Armstrong and Hill to match up with the size and quikness of d12.

I also think that Jared will be able to do a good job containing Lewis, they are both 6 10 and very mobile. I think coach will let him see alot of time out there if scola is having problems staying with lewis.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Scola's biggest weakness on Defense is that he stays in the paint, no matter what, and gives up wide open 3pters to opposing bigs with range.

Luis just refuses to come out of that paint.

DD

19. Karolik

Karolik Member

Kevin Martin better start.... thats what we got him for ..

20. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Who else is going to man the paint if he isn't there? Next year with Yao down there Scola might be more apt to wander out a bit more. But you're right in a sense, he's more post play than anything else.