1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to replace Shane Battier in the starting rotation?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MourningWood, Oct 27, 2010.

1. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Battier's very limited offensively, and his defense is steadily regressing. He's hesitant on offense, indecisive with the ball in his hands, and a hindrance to RA's system -- he can't even knock down the spot-up corner three, which was once his staple. His day has passed, and the Great White Hope has been patiently waiting for his time to shine...

Should RA consider starting Budinger, or possibly the undersized, but far more capable Courtney Lee?

1 person likes this.
  2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

It's time to get rid of Battier period. A lot of us have been saying this for years now. We are not winning a championship until we get rid of this waste of a roster spot.

3. mag

mag Contributing Member

He was done a long time ago! We missed the opportunity to trade him and get something when he had some value :(

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

104-102 Battier fouled Kobe and Kobe hits a shot = 3 point play

5. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Sorry but Battier is no longer any good to our Team!!!
    His play is disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This thread deserves 0 stars.

7. AXG

AXG Member

I've never liked Battier. Too bad he will start every game and play 30+ mins of suckage per night.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It's time to end Shane Battier's life since he has no more value as a human being! The team is only +9 tonight with him in the lineup.

1 person likes this.
  9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

As bad as Battier is offensively at this stage in his career, he is not the reason they lost. They lost because they missed 50 layups

10. Child_Plz

Child_Plz Member

But the Rockets played better when Battier was out there, I can't be the only person who saw this.

11. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

a lot of battier lovers are going to be posting 'i love battier and his intangibles, but...'

12. DaJet

DaJet Member

Unless we getting back Gerald Wallace, hell to the muthafreakin no!

Battier is still a good defender.

13. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

WOW

Battier has fallen off the map. The guy needs to work on his off-ball movement like Kevin Martin, or he's going be useless to us. He was visibly a few steps slower and he couldn't buy a damn shot.

He will be valuable to us in bursts from the bench, but it's obvious that Budinger is a better option to start.

1 person likes this.
  14. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Battier is our Bruce Bowen, hit the corner three, play good to great defense and there is enough offense to make it all good.

15. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

NO

Is it enough?

16. Child_Plz

Child_Plz Member

We have enough offense on this team, with Martin, Brooks, Scola, and Yao out there you don't need another scorer.

17. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Yep, missed lay ups and point blank shots. On the positive side? We got their number. :)

As far as is it time to Replace Shane? I think Bud is just gonna take it. I don't Shane will be around pass the deadline. Just a hunch..

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

that happened? good thing I turned the tv off.When I saw shane guarding kobe :mad: . Knew shane would do something battier-ish.

19. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Battier markedly improved our defense when he came in in the back of the 4th quarter.

The problem with our matchup against the Lakers is that Battier is no longer the best defender to put on Kobe. Why go with someone bigger but slower than him? You're just asking for him to avoid the jumper and go with one of his drive or post moves.

In the case of LA, I am going to advocate for the placement of Courtney Lee on Kobe without the double, he did really well in the first half and our defense only broke down when we attempted to double Kobe when it really wasn't warranted. Lee is faster than Kobe and can force him to shoot over the top, which is the best possible scenario when you think about it.

20. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

man we should trade this guy asap, no defense no offense, I don't why adelman had him on the court the last 5 mins.