1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama Sending 3,000 Troops to Liberia To Fight Ebola

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ScolaIsBallin, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Not really. Depend on the mission. The troops are there to build hospital and leave, or are they staying afterward and actually will be face to face with patients??. The latter doesn't make sense and I'm guessing that's not part of their mission.

Article compare how easily the troop can get infected based on even trained doctor getting them is not a valid argument. The doctor have direct contact with the patient with Ebola. The troops have no reason to be in direct contact with any patient. Setup the hospital, do whatever training they need to do and leave. Extra precaution on re-entry into the US can be done too if necessary. The risk is manageable.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I'd be more comfortable if Dustin Hoffman were involved.

3. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Or just lease them out to do all the construction, janitorial, agricultural and domestic work that we're still too cheap to pay a living wage for to native-born whites.

4. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

"Bring me Peter Pan!"

[​IMG]

5. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

And your point is?

7. Major

Major Member

I would just point out that both WND and AAPS (the people being "interviewed") are both lunatic organizations. AAPS' latest stunt is to sue over the Obamacare mandates. The basis of their lawsuit - not surprisingly thrown out by the courts today - was that doctors are harmed because if people have to pay Obamacare taxes or penalties, they have less money to buy stuff from doctors.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Did we find the monkey?

9. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

This isn't the Motaba virus.

;)

10. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

At the point of return, they shall be quarantined for the full duration of the incubation period before they integrate to the general US population.

Hence, no "risk of spreading the disease to the US".

Of course, I am assuming they will implement procedures of that kind.

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Just like Outbreak, they are sending in troops to protect their biological weapon. They could have contained the virus had they dispensed their 50 yr old vaccine much earlier but it has mutated into another strain. We are beyond that now.

12. returningfan

returningfan Member

I hope blood from survivors is being banked.
    I hope survivors will donate their blood.
    For the antibodies.
    Like Dr Brantley received from a patient of his in Africa while still there.
    Dr Brantly in turn donated his blood/antibodies to Dr Sacra - who was infected and returned to the US and appears to be recovering.

Those antibodies are available now.
    Convalescent Plasma.* Antibodies.

I understand about this being an IVIG patient.
    IV Immunoglobulin G. Made from donated plasma/antibodies (and folks get paid for their time to donate). (Thanks to those that do it! - I and thousands of patients are grateful).

*spelling?