1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Chandler Parsons as a Dallas Maverick

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealist137, Jul 13, 2014.

1. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I doubt we retain Parson if he was an UFA either.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Obviously money is not the most important thing but staying as a Houston Rocket is not the most important thing either, you make it sound like Parsons killed someone for 2 dollars when all he really did is switch teams for 15M per year, with player option and a promise to become a centerpiece of the squad. He didn't do anything bad or against the law, he just exercised his human rights to pick the team he wanted and ensure the financial security of his family, you know the thing that really matters :rolleyes:

DD is right, if somebody offered you 75M Usd to work at another company you'd 100% do it, but since we're talking about somebody else here and he's leaving a team you follow then suddenly it's just a couple of dollars and he's a traitor who disrespected the Rockets on the way out.

I'm not even sure where you get all this drama from, media has a way of sensationalizing things just to make a headline but this is Parsons' first (and most probably genuine) reaction after he signed the contract:

"Just heard from @dmorey and Mr. Alexander. Nothing but utmost respect for them, the fans and city of Houston. THANK YOU for your support!"

"Houston will always have a special place in my heart and I will never forget the memories. My teammates, I love you, thank you."

Burn his jersey :rolleyes: At the end of the day though, if you're a real Houston Rockets fan you should always take things into perspective and not lose your **** over minor stuff, all the negative and immature things you post reflect badly on the Houston Rox and Clutchfans community.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Yeah, but not the "entitled b****" brother. This is the other one.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

hes still in his prime not past it. theres a big difference

5. houactuar

houactuar Member

I have not said anything negative or immature about the Rockets. I make no apology for being a Rockets first fan and not a chandler parsons first fan.

Like I said, I don't fault him for taking the money. He owes us fans no loyalty at all. He is a mercenary and the only thing that matters to him is money. No problem with that. It's not my values, but whatever.

As I stated, he can take the money and I don't hold a grudge. But likewise, I don't have to root for him any longer either. He isn't a Rocket. He voluntarily left, albeit for more money. But as I said, it was his lack of class. He criticizes his former team and teammates. Did he say the right thing at first? Sure. But he didn't stop, did he. His signing at the night club. No class. His kissing butt about Cuban the best owner in all of sports, Chandler the best 5 in the NBA, Dirk so great, the coach so great... :puke: It's his pretty boy, me-first personality that I don't care for.

I'm sorry you think my being a rockets first fan reflects poorly on you and your community. I happen to disagree. I think rowdy nation is supposed to be rowdy and rockets first and not defend former players weaknesses.

I think people trashing Harden and Howard above reflects poorly on our community. Harden and Howard want to win. They are great players and we are very lucky to have them.

Losing Parsons is no big deal. Ariza is an upgrade for what the team needs. Outside shooting and defense. We don't need a pretty boy with a big ego who can't play defense with a series on the line.

6. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Kill the mavs. Grrrrrr4r....hey how come nobody said. Jeremy liiiiiiiiiiiii>n ? This place is gettjng weak.

Pre season please !!!!!

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Thanks to whoever fixed the title.

8. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

Douche on a camel

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fkCQX-7a1RI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen

9. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

There are many things I would not do for a few dollars.

There are many things I would do for millions of dollars.

Not only that, but to told that I will become the next superstore and cornerstone of a team?

His decision was a no-brainer.

10. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

Holy *****. I've never wanted to deck a guy so badly until parsons.. goddamit.

11. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

Wow, I really want to punch parsons.

12. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/q-2Zy2_z19Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>A fan asked <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mavs?src=hash">#Mavs</a> F Chandler Parsons who was a better defender, James Harden or Jemery Lin. Parsons smiled and said: &quot;It's a push.''</p>&mdash; Dwain Price (@DwainPrice) <a href="https://twitter.com/DwainPrice/status/514474285168345088">September 23, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

[​IMG]

#593 J.R., Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  14. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Shut up Parsons you couldn't even guard Lillard for 0.9 second.

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

So he not only threw Harden under the bus but also Jeremy?

Basketball Karma will not be so nice to him next season.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

This one is the unathletic brother, Shambler Parsons.

17. afk

afk Member

Next summer's winning lottery numbers!

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Going to meet 250 women, thanks <a href="https://twitter.com/dallasmavs">@dallasmavs</a>.</p>&mdash; Chandler Parsons (@ChandlerParsons) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChandlerParsons/status/514559369187721216">September 23, 2014</a></blockquote>

19. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Not sure if Parsons is taking shots at Houston sometimes when he tweets.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Congrats to our <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/iheart25?src=hash">#iheart25</a> winners that had the opportunity to meet <a href="https://twitter.com/ChandlerParsons">@ChandlerParsons</a> today! <a href="http://t.co/QnlWqMBY1M">pic.twitter.com/QnlWqMBY1M</a></p>&mdash; Dallas Mavericks (@dallasmavs) <a href="https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/514607934693990400">September 24, 2014</a></blockquote>