1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Baseball league starting.

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Xenon, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

I'm looking for a couple more managers to sign up for a yahoo league. This is not your standard league. Before we begin, I am having each manager pick their favorite team. I will place every starter from that team onto your roster using the offline draft tool in the league. We will then draft the remaining players offline via the message board. Each manager will get 24 hours to make their selection once their turn comes up. We will draft based on the 2003 record of the team selected, 3 picks per round. So if anyone picks the Tigers they are guaranteed the first 3 picks.

Other than that it is standard 5x5 roto. The following teams have already been selected.

Astros
    Cubs
    Yankees
    Red Sox
    Mariners
    Blue Jays
    Cardinals
    Padres
    Angels

Thanks, and good luck.

2. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

That's a pretty interesting concept. However, it must suck going into the season already knowing who is going to win. Even with the 3-pick draft, there is no way anyone will be able to beat the Yankee team. The Sox might have a chance, although it's very doubtful. Also, if someone hadn't picked San Diego, the Angels might have had a shot, since they would have had the first three picks and could have added Helton, Gagne and Soriano (or one of the Oakland pitchers) to an already decent lineup.

If anyone is running a straight-up roto league, I'd be interested, but I think I'll pass on this one.

#2 fadeaway, Feb 27, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2004