1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donald Leonetti (Leonetti Graphics) shot in high stakes gambling operation robbery

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Louka, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

http://www.click2houston.com/news/spd-1-dead-in-high-stakes-gambling-operation-robbery/27011904

Leonetti was a a friend of the family. He was a really good guy. Spoke to him a few times, really easy to get along with. Not real close to him, but I still feel for some of my family who knew him well.

#1 Louka, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. Summer Song Giver

I've done the underground card room thing a few times, even won a hold'em tournament once is such an establishment. Walking out with 3 grand in tow was a bit unnerving.

If I were the cops, I would look to "absent regulars or absent sometimers" as the culprit.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Sounds like modern day episode of MAVERICK

Rocket River

4. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

He was a good man, really big in the community. This is terrible. I didn't know him personally, but his company did some work for my mother's business. RIP.

1 person likes this.
  5. GARMING

GARMING Member

Where does it say that Donald was killed? I knew him personally. He did all of my graphics for me 3 companies.

Great guy. Funny. SUPER nice. Great a what he did.

In fact, I am drinking my ice tea out of one of his tumblers right now.

I am shocked. I knew he liked to gamble. I heard that before.

If he was killed, I am so upset. He had a kids...unbelievable.

1 person likes this.
  6. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

It's on the Leonetti Graphics Facebook page. He was murdered, such a tragedy.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Leonetti-Graphics/114154231955451

7. Louka

you can also find condolences on his fb page :(

https://www.facebook.com/donald.leonetti?fref=ts

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Legalize gambling and things like underground grambling rings getting robbed won't be as likely to happen.

9. VanityHalfBlack

Exactly. How stupid can they be really to not see this big booming business. They should let me run for Mayor. I'd legalize that ****.

10. Louka

good point. It legitimately seems logical to me, but I'd still be interested to see some data backing that up.

Howeva! please do not post a response evidencing data because that makes this a D&D thread and that was not my intent.

Thanks

edit: fixed the op to say "Illegal gambling is bad".

#10 Louka, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  11. cardpire

cardpire Member

ignorance is bad, too.

he was playing in a poker game that the house was raking a percentage of the pots from. that's what made it "illegal".

implying that he was putting himself at risk for murder by playing in said game, as if he had it coming to him, is disgusting and ignorant.

1 person likes this.
  12. Louka

Never meant to imply that. I actually corrected someone earlier today for saying "he shouldn't have been gambling"; I agree with you it's ignorant. To prevent further misinterpretation I've removed the line from the op altogether.

Have a nice day

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

There are many games throughout the city of Houston and surrounding areas that have games, some with serious stakes... Was a game recently that had 1000s of dollars on the table. But they had high security, with a metal dectorThe following is a story of a friend of mine:
    Wondering if it these same jack a$$es...

14. jman255

jman255 Member

Oh wow...I just played poker with him last week at his shop. This is so sad. And I haven't been able to shake it all day. Prayers for his family.

15. Louka

River Pointe Church
    5000 Ransom Road
    Richmond, TX 77469

Tuesday: Visitation 5-8 pm

Wednesday: Memorial Service 11:00 am, reception to follow

In honor of Donald's dislike of dressing up.....please wear jeans and your favorite shirt that Leonetti Graphics has created.