1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[India News] They Rapin' Everybody Up In Here: Swiss Tourist Gang-Raped

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Mar 16, 2013.

1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I guess they just couldn't handle Life of Pi losing to Argo.

2. VBG

VBG Member

yeah, rape doesn't happen anywhere else.

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

While it happens everywhere, it happens a lot more in India, they are brutal (gang rapes etc.) and most of them go unreported. Women are afraid to report them because of fear of retaliation and stigma.

In addition, the cops there are pretty much useless. Corrupt bums, if you will. So even if you report them, good luck getting any kind of justice.

PS. I always get a kick out of people when they say they are looking forward to a trip to India. Slums, trash all over the place, smell, noise pollution, beggar pollution, unhealthy breathing air, unhygienic conditions.....yeah so much to look forward to.

#3 Zboy, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

It would appear that way, but there are places in Africa
    that have that same distinction. Sad nonetheless!!

5. DreamRoxCoogFan

this story will get x100000 more coverage since it's an international thing rather than a local one- those dudes will get an international beatdown with worldwide coverage of it. I'm sure India will have to deal with this case publicly and harshly with a global audience.

6. nono

nono Member

In these societies like Pakistan and India where pre-marriage sex is so taboo, people start finding outlets in these sorts of activities.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

never heard gang-rape referred to as a 'sort of activity' before

3 people like this.
  8. ling ling

ling ling Member

Sounds like San Fran.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

India sounds really rapey lately with a bunch of dead people floating in their main river... neg on vacationing there.

10. VBG

VBG Member

Thank you for lecturing me about a country I have lived in.

And a trip to India would really open up your mind.

I'm not saying everything you mention in your post doesn't exist because it does but India is still a very good place to visit.

You don't tell people to come to the US and visit Compton.

11. VBG

VBG Member

While what's happening is terrible, the fact that it is getting so much media attention now is great. There is an insane amount of news channels in India and by constantly reporting things like this, they are finally moving in the right direction.

This happens all over the world. It's swept under the rug. The power of the media is to bring issues like this into the national consciousness so that something can be done.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Been to India twice. First time my girlfriend at the time wanted to go and asked me to join her. It was bad. She was blonde, 5'8" and from Spain. Lucky we made it out.

Ten years later I had to go for business. Lets just say it was as close to hell as there is on earth. It was dirty, everyone was so poor that they literally were wasting away. Major over population. ****ting in a hole in the ground was the least of my worries. Everything was filthy. The hotel was one of the 5 best in India, it had bed bugs and other bugs.

The next morning a 50 lb man with a stick tried to rob me, in broad day light. Yes, I am serious... A man under 5 foot tall, with a stick tried to rob me. I hit him in the face and tusseled with him until he stopped. After explosive ****s that are not possible in the USA, dehydration and returning to a bed big infested room I had the "police" waiting for me at the hotel to arrest me for assault. I was flat out told to give them money to leave. I gave them $100 and promptly cut my trip short and left. Better yet, I was sick with parasites when I returned and the bed bugs followed. Cost me a week of work for the parasites and $3,000 to get rid of the bed bugs.

But.....

I was not gang raped so I guess I was lucky.

As for India, I will let it be for the Indians.

4 people like this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I cannot say I heard alot about Rape in India
    This is new to me . . . .

Sad none the less

Rocket River

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

camping out in india wasn't a well researched idea.

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Received a ton of publicity lately. Repeated gangrapes in public...

sparking a counter "respect women" movement there.

16. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Big issue that is getting more attention in India...And sadly its not just india...This apparently happened in tribal area in a wooded region...I can think of plenty of place quite like this all over the world...Hope good things can come out of this terrible incident...

17. Grumbler

Grumbler Member

i remember hearing news last month that a chinese tourist was raped there too. yeah, they doing to erbody over there.

18. Anxiety Trooper

India is a nasty dirty country. Would never visit.

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You are very welcome.

I have been on a trip to India. You are right. It really did open up my mind. Never again!

PS. I forgot to lecture you on power outage in my last post. Dont forget the power outage every day for several hours!!

#19 Zboy, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  20. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

raping everybody + disgusting body odor + bed bugs + ****ing in a hole in the ground

umm, imma just hit Galveston on my next vacation