1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pro-Hamas op-ed argues Israelis forfeit status as civilians because they keep electing right wing go

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TreeRollins, Jul 21, 2014.

1. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

Please, suggest to us some defensible tactics Hamas should employ. I would love to see your solution to the miserable existence of Gazans. So yeah, what are some possible alternatives to Hamas' current approach that would sit well with you?

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I certainly don't agree with Hamas and them storing missiles near civilian areas. I just understand why they do it. Also some of the missiles are stored near hospitals and schools, and but not all of them though acting like that is where they are all stored makes it seem worse. Either way it's definitely wrong to hide military weapons near civilians and use that in an effort to protect the weapons. I agree with that 100%.

Now as far as the comparison of Mexico and land rights to Texas and California, it isn't really the same at all. For one thing Texas and CA eventually became part of the U.S. The occupied territories will not become part of Israel because that means the citizens there would have to have rights of the Israeli citizens and that Palestinians would outnumber the Jewish Israelis. So instead Israel occupies them, makes up different oppressive laws for them, denies them a way to thrive or be independent, and incites them into taking violent action against Israel which then allows them to move out some more Palestinians and claim more land.

Israel and the Palestinians should each have their own state with resources to maintain it and preserve it. I believe that should Palestinians get a generation of not being oppressed and time, ability, land, and resources to maintain that, it will reduce terrorism far more than Israeli occupation, and oppression.

At least it would be something different to try instead of both sides repeating the same actions over and over with nothing ever changing.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Go ahead and go on record and admit you defend Hamas launching rockets at Israel, storing their weapons near children and kidnapping and murdering innocent Israelis. Don't respond with comments about how Israel is just as bad because I'm not arguing that. I want you to post that you support Hamas and the tactics it employs.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Of course it is something that might work. Now go draw a map of where these states will be that gets both sides to agree.

5. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

I condemn the killing of any civilians. Still, I must support Hamas' struggle to end the occupation and siege of Gaza.

And you will not intimidate me into withdrawing that support. Now if you could answer my question... How can Hamas go about ending the siege and occupation while running a 360 sq km territory with 1.85 million people? What are these other 'tactics' that are 'morally superior' to Hamas' tactics?

Oh my, while we are at it.. Could you offer some suggestions as to what tactics Israel should and shouldn't employ? Like bombing hospitals, mosques, and schools, killing entire families with one felt swoop, you know, the IDF's modes operandi. How about ending occupation of the territories? How about an end to apartheid within Israel itself? How about an end to the militaristic, spartan like culture being fostered among Israeli youths, full stop, what tactics do you recommend?

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are right, that is the hard part. But I think with sincere debate and sacrifice from both sides an agreement could actually be reached. It may require a third party like the UN or something to control Jerusalem. Another option would be to split Jerusalem with guaranteed access to civilians from the other side. I don't know. But I would much rather explore those options for a decade than have all of the violence and suffering that is going on there now continue.

The Oslo accords weren't really close and didn't provide a sustainable Palestinian land, but it was a step in the right direction.