1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Biggest Bust

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treeman, Dec 8, 2001.

?

Who is the biggest bust?

1. Kelvin Cato

22 vote(s)
    48.9%
  2. Glen Rice

17 vote(s)
    37.8%
  3. Moochie Norris

5 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Other

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. treeman

treeman Member

2. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I vote Cato simply because the Rockets gave him so much money for one good game. Rice on the other hand has shown even in recent years, the ability to play at a high level. Unfortunately injuries have gotten the best of him.

3. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

When Rice played at Charlotte and Miami he was an elite shooter. It was hard to tell at LA - I think he was under utilized. I never did like signing him. We committed the bulk of the cap room from Hakeem-9 mil of 16 1/2 mill to the Rice contract for 3 years. He has contributed nothing in less than 1/4 of the season. My estimate is that he has cost the Rockets near 2 mil so far and contributed nothing.

Now hurt - we wait until he's well. Then we wait again while he gets his legs back. Hell - I haven't seen his legs since LA.

At least Cato is 6' 11"- there are no big men out there available. I agree that Cato is a bust and I would rather be giving Pig Miller the money than Cato. - Thats right - Pig Miller. At least he gives 100% every nite.

The bigger of the two busts is Rice. We should have let Shandon walk for nothing. With nothing to replace Shandon, at least we could have shopped around for a post player.

4. EGRULES

EGRULES Member

I voted other because the biggest bust this year has been rudy t. he's a great coach but he only knows the inside outside game. We dont have a great low post man so we are playin real bad wt this game.