1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is the biggest bust ever??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Drew_Le, Jul 13, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

my vote would be a tie between Kelvin Cato and Derrick Coleman. wat's urs?

------------------
    What is the difference between Kelvin Cato and Macey Gray??

Macey has bigger hair

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dolly Parton.

Oh wait, did you say is or has?

[​IMG]

------------------
    Rockets need power forward. Mo near now. Go near Mo.

You can Run from the bet, you can Rave at the bet...but you just can't hide.

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Are you kidding? Derrick Coleman has averaged 18 points and 10 rebounds for his career. Kelvin Cato was the 15th pick in the draft. Neither one of them are close to being the biggest busts of all time. Probably the biggest bust was Pervis Ellison, although Chris Washburn and Benoit Benjamin could have legit cases as well. And how about Sam Bowie going ahead of MJ?

------------------
    Draftsource.net-- the premier source for draft info. Profiles, rankings, mock drafts, and more!

The Mo Taylor Fan Site

4. LA's #1 Rocket Fan

In terms of expectations from the rockets it would be pippen for now, Pippen was expected to bring us to the campionship. If cato doesn't change than cato, even though he is paid big money I don't think the rockets ever expected him to be a 20 and 10 guy just hopefully a 12-15pt and 8-10rb player. Biggest bust ever in NBA is Michael Olowokandi in terms of expectations from a 1st pick. He has yet to average double figures.

------------------

5. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

To be fair Sam Bowie would have been good but his knees just couldn't take it. Same goes for Ralph Sampson and Danny Manning

------------------
    "We need to FOCASS".... Akeem Olajuwon

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

7. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

8. The Cat

[​IMG]

------------------
    Draftsource.net-- the premier source for draft info. Profiles, rankings, mock drafts, and more!

The Mo Taylor Fan Site

9. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I'd have to go with Benoit Benjamin. What a huge nosedive that guy took.

------------------
    How the hell should I know why God would allow the Holocaust. I don't even know how the electric can opener works. - from Hannah and Her Sisters

10. barbourdg

barbourdg Contributing Member

How about Mirscan Turkeeeeeey!

------------------

11. The Cat

How about 18th pick? Get a list of the 18th picks over the history of the draft... it isn't pretty.

------------------

The Mo Taylor Fan Site

12. Live

Live Member

Anybody remember Doug Smith, the F from Mizzou who was drafted by Dallas who supposed to revolutionize the game? (He was going to be the type of highly-skilled, athletic big man that KG and CWebb are)

Smith and our own beloved John Turner have to rank as two of the biggest all-time busts?

------------------

13. WickBrunson

WickBrunson Member

Harold Miner was a pretty big bust. No defense, sporadic offense, but a few nice dunks made him "the next Michael Jordan." Hard to believe that the Heat picked him over Latrell Sprewell in 92.

Also, whatever happened to Shawn Respert and Ed O'Bannon? They were both top 10 picks in 95, and I'm not sure if they're even in the league anymore.

------------------

14. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Man when Steve Patterson/Charlie Thomas ran this team it was the worst sports franchise in the history of sports. You guys think Donald Sterling was bad with the Clippers? We should have just traded our draft picks away each year because the guys we were drafting didn't even deserve to be in the NBA. Les Alexander buying the team from that idiot Thomas was one of the greatest things to ever happen to Houston.

------------------
    "We need to FOCASS".... Akeem Olajuwon

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Steve Patterson was still around to draft Sam Cassell, after he drafted Robert Horry the year before (quite possibly our best draft picks ever, from the low 1st round). I don't think Rudy had that much say in those days either. Hmm...was it really Patterson all along?

------------------
    --if time spent on this board = # of posts, I would have a lot of them. Obviously, there is no correlation...

16. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

What about Randy White ? AKA Karl junior. Didn't Dallas draft him also ?

As for Manning, he's been a solid pro. I really liked his game.

------------------
    "norm, would you like to buy an indian scalp ? This deal isn't gonna make or break me Norm, so don't jerk me around." Harry Carey "Norm, if I had a mohawk scalp, I wouldn't be sitting here talking to you."

17. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I would have to say Sam Bowie. He was drafted between Dream and Jordan. Expectations were very high.

------------------

18. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Speaking of busts anybody see the numbers Loren Woods put up the other night against the Milwalkee Bucks summer league team. 24 pts, 9 boards and 6 tap outs. And he was the 46th pick in this years draft. Amazing.

------------------

19. Puff

Puff Member

Scottie QUitten,

So much promise, what a friggin bust

------------------
    A Chuck paraphrase:

It was surreal! And I don't even know what that means!

Charles after Eddie hit THE SHOT

20. BahDakota

BahDakota Member

My vote for biggest bust must go to HeyPartner for conceding a bet before it was decided.

BahDakota

------------------
    How long do I have to endure this ?