1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Mets

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

[Official] Astros@ Mets

All game talk goes in here. Please do not give play by play. If you need play by play go to CBS, ESPN, or Yahoo.

Pitching Probables:

4-11 Andy Petitte (0-0, 1.50) vs. Tom Glavin (0-1, 12.27) 12:10 on FSSW

4-13 Roger Clemens (1-0, 1.29) vs, Kaz Ishii (0-1, 6.75) 6:10 on FSSW

4-14 Brandon Backe (0-0, 3.60) vs. Victor Zambrano (0-1, 3.60) 6:10 on FSSW

Odd scheduling gives us a day off on Tuesday.

2. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

2 Out of 3 ... Go Stros!!!

3. deepellumrocket

Anybody have odds on whether or not a certain centerfielder gets plunked at some point during the series?

I'd say they're lower than they would have been had Roy-O been scheduled to pitch.

4. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Well if I were pitching they'd be 100%. In fact I hit him everytime I play against the Mets in MVP baseball.

5. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

I'll be happy with 2 of 3 for sure....we usually dont have much luck vs Glavine ...so hopefully we can steal the first one and take our chances with Rocket and Backe

6. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

I'd say there is a pretty good chance that Rocket at least gives him a nice brush back.

7. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

We ain't plunking anyone....at least not on purpose.

8. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Alls I know is that we are going to help them break their record for worst start to a season.

Nevermind, I forgot they won yesterday.

#8 Oski2005, Apr 11, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

We play Monday afternoon and have Tuesday off? That's pretty weird.

The players still love Beltrash...er, Beltran. It's the fans that are pissed at him. Oh, well. Maybe Roger will give us what we want the first time he faces Carlo$ at home and send him a little chin music.

10. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

I'll take a Carlos Beltran Broken bat that lands near Clemens :) Hopefully Roger has been working on his bat tosses.

Damn! Why do I have to work and miss the game today. I guess I'll be stuck watching the pitch-by-pitch on ESPN.com.

11. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I highly doubt they'll plunk him... on purpose at least. The pitchers aren't going to get themselves thrown out for something that happened off the field and in the freaking offseason. I imagine the umpires will have them locked down anyway, and will issue warnings to both sides if anyone is plunked.

I'm sure Roger will challenge him inside though... but that's just Roger.

12. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

I updated my MySpace and put Beltran Idiot on there for the next couple days. If you haven't heard it we recorded it the day Beltran left and it is a spoof of American Idiot.

It's here.
    http://www.myspace.com/apolloxviii

Edit: Um..it's got a few bad words in it. I was pissed, sorry.

#12 Chance, Apr 11, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  13. Svpernaut

Priceless.

14. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I might get flamed here, but I still like the guy. I hate Boras.

It's just pretty tough to hate the guy that made last year's playoff run against the Braves and Cards what it was as much as anyone. People are hating on him like they would Karl Malone...except Beltran never cheated and played dirty or anything close against us.

15. Svpernaut

He knew what Boras was doing... and he played dirtier then anyone ever has against a Houston team, he strung us out to dry for AN ENTIRE SEASON. Luckily, it looks like we have some rookies and other players that may step up to save our ass.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

17. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I hate Beltran more than Karla Malone. Beltran chose Boras to represent him so he has to be held accountable. I don't think people would be nearly as mad if he just went to the Mets from the start and didn't play us like he did. You say he didn't heat us, I feel he did.

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I don't HATE Beltran. But I think he was full of it. He knew full well what Boras was about...and when asked about it last season he said, " I know...but I'm not about that...so it will be different with me." It wasn't.

19. OUsooner

OUsooner Member

Go Astros!!!

20. Random.

Random. Member

I'm annoyed with the way Beltran strung the Astros along, but not with the fact he didn't sign with them. (I'm glad he didn't, his price was too high for what he brings, and it would end up like A-Rod with the Rangers did, sucking up too much of the budget for anything else.)

I don't think the players will care. They all know it's a business, and Beltran helped them get further in the playoffs than ever before.

I predict Astros win 2 of 3. I also predict Everett continues his domination from the top spot.