1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The real unsung here, Daryl Morey for trading Rafer Alston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MacYao223, May 14, 2009.

1. MacYao223

MacYao223 Member

Allowing AB to mature and blossom becoming one of the best young PG's in the league. Thanks to him for giving us maybe one of the best backup pg's in the league in Lowry. Seriously, we had a hole for years at the pg position with Rafer. Thank you for allowing Aaron to become that closer for us, and not Tmac and not Ron !

2. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Daryll Morey is God. There is no other explanation. :D

3. dmc89

dmc89 Member

If AB keeps this up, compare his stats now against Tony Parker when he was young..

AB will only get better :D

4. persian hoopa

persian hoopa Contributing Member

I love Daryl Morey. He is an absolute wizard. Lock him up long term. This guy is our version of the Logo as GM and will have us in contention for a championship for years to come I believe.

5. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I wouldn't call Daryl Morey unsung, he's been getting plenty of love from the local fans, and deservedly so.

If you mean literally unsung, I'd be glad to compose some sort of a Ballad of Daryl Morey.

6. vizier

vizier Member

It is just a numbers game. everyone with a HP-12C in their hand should be able to do that.

7. ty185

ty185 Member

go do it, mate!

Morey deserves this! :D

8. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

Aaron is the anti-Luther Head

It costs us 2 series to figure out Head. AB on the other hand is just ridiculous.

9. redao

redao Member

Was not AB Adelman's pick?

10. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I always was a Rafer hater even considering he was playing some of his best basketball since last playoffs... Without Yao being the team leader Rafer was trying to take over that duty. Rafer is a lousy leader and is just too inconsistent as a foor general. he definitely has had some great games but I just thught he was too immature to lead. So trading him was a no brainer... but trading and getting Lowry back was genius. Trading him and actually saving money on the deal genius. Making draft day trade after trade tosomehow come away with Artest for what amounted to 27th pick genius. Releasing Francis to stay underneath the luxury cap masterful. Morey has made good move after good move and done it all while staying under the luxury tax. The Rockets have to be considered one of the frontrunners next year. And morey desreves cred for that

11. Rocketman2000

Rocketman2000 Contributing Member

Yes, but it was D. Morey who traded Rafer to allow AB to be blossom.

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Rafer came through for the magic today.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Darn, i was still hoping we'd trade Brooks...maybe if he scored 40 next game..