1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Around the Horn: Boston will trade Rondo because Rondo wants out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 29, 2014.

1. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Signed Wesley Mathews LOL

2. traveler

traveler Member

olol

I did earlier already. Try to make the attempt at the least. smh

3. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

In normal circumstance I would agree with you, but losing Lin and Parsons make this team severely lack play makers outside of Harden. For that reason, I think getting Rondo isn't a bad idea. He will at least run the team and find open looks for the players to relieve Harden from doing all that work and his defense is arguably better than Bev's. It is gamble for sure. But we will not land Rondo with Bev, TJones and NO's first pick if he is healthy.

4. traveler

traveler Member

Harden runs the team now. So you think we should negate Harden?

5. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Only 1 way Rondo would make sense would be a similar deal we gave the Lakers for Lin. Pay us to take him.

6. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Thank you,

Hopefully that wasn't a sarcastic, Royce #BeWell haha.:p

I was hit by a huge truck. I drive a modest '13 Altima.

Cameras show he was going 65 mph on a side street as opposed to my 15 mph after turning on to a street, before accelerating.

4 broken ribs, a concussion and a fractured collar bone, I'm back on the courts. My body feels different, but life is good. Accidents put everything in perspective. I value life even more after being able to survive this. When your head goes through a window (with a seat belt on, might I add), you reevaluate your priorities and compartmentalize unnecessary stress.

White J-Smooth called to wish me a recovery, and that was a pleasant reminder of the love for the game. Even got some visits from my college players. It's nice when people reach out during tough times.

This off-season stressed me out.

I will not dispute much, but I do know that Rondo, at the time, wasn't nearly as close as some posters suggest. That was made very clear to me.

I am going to miss Chandler. I really think he's going to have a great year and career. We messed up with that one. Trevor is going to give us the numbers we need though. Hopefully, he shoots as well from the 3 as he did last year.

We're lucky that he isn't our first option when we brought him here and he tried to play like Tmac. His first two games were great, and then those jumpers were Rafer-like.

And Melo is whipped. LaLa runs it. :) He will not be happy in NY on the court. Off the court, he'll find his niche. Every night club adores him.

Is the season starting yet? Please. Now? :(

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

The quote you posted does not say Morey doesn't want Rondo. Are you reading it and imagining other words around it? I'm not sure where the disconnect is between your eyes seeing the words and the meaning of those words being processed by your brain.

It is quite possible that Morey does not want Rondo but Cyberx hasn't posted that info.

8. traveler

traveler Member

You are seeing things that aren't there. Morey has concerns AND sees Rondo as too mean in the locker room. So I guess that means he wants Rondo and damn the chemistry issues. I guess in a twisted kind of way that makes sense. :rolleyes:

9. jump shooter

Signed Wesley Mathews LOL

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Wow man.

You have multiple people calling you out and you've even posted the actual quote and still fail to understand it.

I never said Morey wants Rondo. I have no idea if he wants Rondo on this team. Just because he has concerns with him does not mean he wouldn't take the risk and get him anyways. It's as simple as that.

You think he doesn't want Rondo but no insider has ever said that so stop saying they have.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Matthews doesn't negate Harden. Rondo doesn't negate Harden, either.

Harden negates Harden.

12. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Read full sentence before you type, k?

" He will at least run the team and find open looks for the players to relieve Harden from doing all that work"

After reading more of your posts, you sound more like a troll. So yeah.

13. traveler

traveler Member

I did read it. Rondo would demand and fight to ensure he runs the team at all times. Harden runs the team now. Having Rondo would negate Harden and cause chemistry issues. If we get Rondo then we need to trade Harden. That ain't going to happen.

14. delishman

delishman Member

Boom! Plowman and Little Boy are dropping BOMBS.

15. traveler

traveler Member

no

No there are multiple people that rides Rondos jock strap thinking he would be so great on this team when the opposite is true. A proven insider asked and was told that Morey thinks Rondo could be a cancer in the locker room. I will go with a proven insider than someone that worries about the ice cream they are eating.

16. solodolo

solodolo Member

17. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

His defense, if he is healthy, is much better. Rondo stops people. Beverly makes people work. There is a difference.

18. jump shooter

Carl, Mathews negated Harden for most of the Portland series from what I saw, he took Harden out of his game by crowding him defensively ect, and Im sure Harden will learn from it next go around cuz he's still so young. Hence the need for another play maker that can help Harden play off the ball for a quarter or two would be huge for his game IMO.

19. Salvy

Salvy Member

Why do you hate Rondo so much? He would make The Rockets title contenders..... Are you a Dallas Mavs fan? Only reason you wouldn't want Rondo on The Rockets....

20. traveler

traveler Member

lol

Or upgrade the PF and bench.