1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spurs pursuing Ray Allen

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Ditty, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Ditty

Ditty Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>One more Spurs rumble with Team USA v Finland now seven hours away: Reigning champs, I'm told, trying to barge into Ray Allen Sweepstakes</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/505694159702085632">August 30, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Doubt he goes there but San Antonio would be the best destination for Ray Allen to be effective. No team moves the ball like them and he would feast on wide open jumpers in limited minutes.

Pop would have him fresh and ready to go in the playoffs.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Cavs
    Clippers
    Heat
    Mavs
    Spurs
    [Believed to be more unidentified teams]

4. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

That system makes average shooters way better, no telling how good a year Ray would have there if he decides to go there.

I don't think he's interested in coming back for the minimum so he'll go to a contending team that can pay him the most.

5. Ditty

Ditty Member

Spurs still have there full MLE also.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I would be very surprised if money is the deciding factor. Ray Allen has made huge money already.

He's looking for comfort zone, which LeBron & Doc both represent. It would be a vet minimum contract with the Clippers and (I think) the same with the Cavs.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

So he joins spurs, eventually they lose to Cleveland in the finals and then he joins Cleveland. Sounds about right.:p

8. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

What use do the Spurs even have of Ray Allen?

Could be a signing that is more preventative than anything, they know Ray Allen is title chasing, and will be playing for a team the Spurs have to overcome. He also is the reason Lebron has 2 titles and not one.

Reality is Spurs have Belinelli, Green and Ginobli, just no way they can involve Allen in that rotation.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Um yeah, just like there was no way they could involve Patty Mills in that rotation.

10. NotChandlerParsons

One of the greatest shooters of all time. I think Popovich can probably work him in there somehow.

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Would be a dick move on Allen's part. Come on Celtics lose to Heat. Joins Heat. Heat loses to Spurs, joins Spurs. He couldn't save face on that 1...

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

There's always room for jello

13. split41

split41 Member

agreed

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I know it's news, but it really shouldn't be breaking news if a team is 'interested' or 'pursuing' said player. Something that would actually be important would be if there were reports of said player being interested in a team.

I mean of course multiple contending teams are interested in Ray Allen, but how many of those teams is Ray Allen interested in? That's the real question.

16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Just another name to add to the long list of guys Morey has failed to entice to even consider coming to Houston. Other than ping pong and twitter what does this guy even do?

17. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

Just can't please some people..

On another note, has anything emerged from Ray's camp (not the teams vying for him) about possible locations other than Cleveland?

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Cavs, Bulls, Wizards, Spurs among the 7 teams interested in Ray Allen. Allen's in Miami, keeping himself in shape</p>&mdash; Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/status/536950016003551234">November 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

f me if he goes to dallas

20. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

I'm saying spurs or wiz.