1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN--Chris Paul, Dwight Howard trade ideas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clips/Roxfan, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Knicks? Lakers? Nets? Heat? Let's break down some possible deals for CP3 and D12

By John Hollinger
    ESPN.com

There's what we know, and what we speculate. The speculation is about where Chris Paul and Dwight Howard might end up. The part we know, however, is that it almost certainly won't be New Orleans or Orlando.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/stor...=nba-chris-paul-dwight-howard-trade-scenarios

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone please post the rest of this article...

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

While I like to read Hollinger's scouting reports, he's the last person I would check for trade/FA movement.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Why is that?

4. meh

meh Contributing Member

Because he look at things analytically, and there are too many non-basketball related variables when it comes to player movements. Different teams value different prospects differently. Players and agents forcing trades by willing or unwilling to sign an extension. Players don't care to win if it comes at the cost of living somewhere like OKC. That sort of thing.

Analyzing on-court performance is vastly different from the minds of players, agents, GMs, owners, etc.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I do get sick of Hollinger running Houston down: "Houston, an offseason magnet for players, for reasons that escape me...." He has a habit of this.

Hey, Hollinger: most NBA players are of what race? Anybody? Anybody? And Houston has all the little things that might appeal.

I know you live in Portland, Oregon, Hollinger, but let it go.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

1 person likes this.
  7. CCorn

CCorn Member

Ahh so we wouldn't land the superstar Brian Cook in any of these trades :(

8. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Pure speculation trade write ups are worth less than toilet paper.

It maybe has value to super casual fans by cluing them in to who has potential trade assets, but that's it.

I don't see us even considering a trade of Courtney Lee for the Ghost of Chris Kaman and another Memphis-like faraway pick that'll most likely be in the mid-20s.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Chris Paul and Trevor Ariza to Houston for Chase Budinger, Kyle Lowry, Marcus Morris,Luis Scola, and the better of Phoenix's, Houston's or New York's 2012 first-round pick.

I never thought a proposed Chris Paul trade could make me say "hell no" so quickly.

10. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

That would be hilarious if Chris Paul was traded for Melo. I know they wouldn't agree to it since the plan was to play together, but it's funny to think about.

I always wondered about a Lebron for Dwight swap. The Heat would easily win multiple championships, and Orlando would get fair value back for Dwight. Orlando could also skip the rebuilding process.

Not too crazy about the 3-way with us, Clippers, and the Magic, but if all it takes is Courtney Lee and T Will for Kaman, maybe the Rockets would do it just to say they got a center.

11. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

When did we get phoenix's first round pick? I thought that was only if they made the playoffs last year

12. Raven

Raven Member

He gets paid to write this crap? Why would Carmelo want to leave NY? He just got there. He's under contract, you say. Big Deal. Superstars dictate where they play. If Carmelo was traded without his permission, he'd start slacking, and there's not a damn thing his new team could do about it.

13. meh

meh Contributing Member

We got the Orlando 1st rounder last year in our trade with Phoenix. Which we then packaged with Memphis' future 1st to get pick 20, Donatas Motiejunas.

14. jackiespam

jackiespam Member

anyone has a espn insider account?
    Post the article

15. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Click the spoiler from hsf09's post.

16. gah

gah Member

While I agree with this I'm really curious to know what will happen with C. Lee, I think anything can happen (him becoming the long term starter because of Martin being traded) but I don't think he stays with this team as it constituted right now.

17. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...you guys don't get so down on Hollinger. He's just feeding his family. ESPN isn't into accurate sports reporting - they just want a continuous storyline so they can keep you watching sportscenter, reading articles on the web, etc. If it weren't Hollinger it would be one of a zillion others(for isntance how many people are on this site?) who would gladly talk out of their ass about sports for a paycheck.

...the one thing from that article I did find pretty intriguing was the suggestion that the Heat should trade Lebron for Dwight Howard. Lebron is the best player in the NBA and absolutely better than Howard but I do agree that I would be more scared of Dwight/Bosh/Wade in a finals game than Lebron/Bosh/Wade - especially since Lebron has a pretty clear history of choking in recent playoff exits. The only reason why you don't do this, is it takes away their advantage over their biggest conference rivals - the Bulls. Having Lebron and Wade to throw at Rose is a huge advantage.

18. MONON

MONON Member

Miami has to love the LBJ for Howard trade. That gives the Heat the inside post presence they lacked last year, moves Bosh further out(which suits him just fine) & eliminates the crunchtime leadership indecision between LBJ & Wade of last year.

19. Raven

Raven Member

LeChoke would never accept going to Orlando. Maybe not officially, but every NBA superstar has a no trade clause.