1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Warriors have a 88% chance of Winning

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, May 18, 2015.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

At least according to Online odds:

http://sports.bovada.lv/sports-betting/nba-basketball-lines.jsp

The rockets have about a 17% chance of winning. The rockets are pretty disrespected by bettors.

I think this is great odds on the rockets I wish gambling was legal. I would definitely put money on rockets given the crazy odds they are giving.

2. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

You can set up an online account through a bunch of offshore books online like 5dimes and bet all you want.

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Whoever beating on Houston to win is about to get paid!

4. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

Be honest... not just random internet chest-puffing:

You would put a *SIGNIFICANT* amount of your personal money on this? Because honestly I would not. I mean sure if it's only $100 or $200 then whatever... but nothing truly significant

Because honestly I'm picking Warriors in 6, if my life was dependent on it

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

17%, wow, that's high. Didn't we have like only 1% of chance of winning the series when we were down by 19 in G6 late 3rd against the Clippers. That all going to change after the rude awakening tomorrow to the Warriors.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zMRrNY0pxfM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Flop

Flop Member

In other words, Vegas thinks your stupid if you bet on the Rockets and smart if you take the Warriors in this series.

8. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

Legal?? You can bet (with your debit/credit card) on the very site you referenced and have your winnings debited back or a check sent within a week.

9. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

We had a 7% chance to come back and win Game 7.

10. Flop

Flop Member

you're*

Honestly, the Warriors -10 should not come as a shock to anyone. That's their point diff this season. It was 15.7 against the Rockets and 16.7 in their last 3 playoff games against the 4th best team in the west. Finally, they beat the Rockets by 25 and 13 this season when they had everyone on their current roster minus Pablo and Jones, plus Schved (who played well in those games), Beverley, and D-Mo. The also won the other two games by 12 and 11.

tl;dr: Vegas did their homework.

11. Asian Sensation

Placed 250 on the Rockets.

If we lose I'm cool with having paid that much for the show they put on games 6 and 7.

If we win which I'm pretty confident we will... Well I'm 1500 bucks richer.

12. Voltik

Voltik Member

We had less than 1% chance to win Game 6. After that you can throw away any number out the window. Doesn't matter who we play after that game, the chances of winning are 50/50. If the team from Game 7 shows up and the refs call a fair game...the chances of winning are reversed of the bets.

13. Jiramisu

Jiramisu Member

We were actually at +700 last night, so our odds have actually improved by a decent amount.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

2 out of 10 people picking the rockets isn't that bad. What do you expect it to be? 50% Of course not, 40%? Eh little bit of a stretch. 30% / 20%? Sounds normal to me.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

And we may very well have a 40% - 30% chance to win this series, but 9 out of 10 people are going to take the 60 to 70% when voting on who they think will take the series.

Some of yall are in search of getting butt hurt over everything too much.

16. cdain3

cdain3 Member

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

You know why the Rockets have only a 12 % chance of winning? Because that's all we need. We have a D12 % chance of winning. Dwight needs to dominate.

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

What we really need is strong perimeter defense. Ariza and Brewer need to contest everything out there, and Harden needs to get his act together on defense.

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Already happy with the season considering injuries but if we could just win game 1 I would flip.

20. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I just took out my entire 401k and put it on the Rockets. I will be in early retirement by June.

1 person likes this.