1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Jason Quick] Trail Blazers' list of concerns after Game 1 should include the future of LaMarcus Ald

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Apr 20, 2015.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/i...ers_list_of_concerns_after_game_1_should.html

Not much more in the article, but it is very interesting nonetheless. I thought LMA was all but locked up after last season.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Some Blazers fans have been speculating since early season LMA will leave for the Spurs this summer.

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Blazers have an interesting offseason coming up. They will try to get Aldridge back of course with the max but Robin Lopez and Wes Matthews are also free agents. They could probably get Matthews back on a discount considering his injury. Lillard will also want max money next offseason when his contract is up.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Family in Texas huh...

5. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Can't see us having the cap space for him, unless Les is willing to pay the luxury tax this year in anticipation that the cap goes up the following season when the tv deal come into play

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The Spurs could pay for him if Ginoboli and Duncan are willing to play for a really low price to win another ring. We could pull it off but it would require us to get lose our young guys.

7. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

He's going to Dallas. Book it.

8. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

San Antonio and Dallas both have cap space.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

If he comes to TX, I think he's going to Dallas. I don't want that to happen.

Having said that, it seems he really likes Portland.

10. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

I would forever hate LMA if he goes to Dallas. F Dallas. SAS i respect. Dallas can suck a fat one.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Dallas seems like a really odd fit with Dirk.

We would have no ability to sign him outright, would have to be a sign and trade.

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

The second Wes Matthews was injured they should have packed it in. The fact that LMA is still playing shows he really loves this team. I don't see him going anywhere anytime soon.

13. MadMax

Dirk's already on record saying he expects to be a shooter off the bench at some point before this contract is through.

14. hakeemthagreat

Interesting. I despise of Morey's constant offseason star chasing, but would be 100% behind him throwing the kitchen sink at this guy

15. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

If Dallas signs LMA that means two of Rondo/Monta/Tyson won't be resigned right?! Rondo could already be looking to leave. And it seems like they don't want Monta back.

16. MadMax

Honestly, I'd be surprised if Monta is back.

I think Tyson will still be there.

Closer call on Rondo...I guess I could see him staying if Cuban is willing to pay...but I wonder if Dallas has seen enough, already. They're going to have to have someone play PG, though. I hope they overpay for Rondo.

For all the criticism he threw at Morey about roster turnover, Cuban may end up with a lot of new faces in Dallas next season....and old ones gone.

17. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Either San Antonio or houston

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

His hometown is Dallas...

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

As great as it would be for the Rockets to drool over him yet again another year, in all honesty, LaMarcus should take that max contract offer from Portland, and secure his claim as at least the 2nd greatest Blazer of all time.

With Lillard and a resigned Matthews, I think Portland will at least be a playoff team for years to come. Stotts is also a very underrated coach. If they can continue to build a bench, and keep a great support system around LMA, I don't really know why he'd leave. Chasing titles would be a reason, but there really isn't any guarantees to win one. He at least has guarantees with Portland that they will be in the thick of it even though they will never be favorites.

Oh, and the Rockets do not have max cap room this Summer, and its going to be nearly impossible to make that happen. So lets just go ahead and skip that debate as enticing as it sounds.

20. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Cuban is licking his lips...