1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets vs. Heat FINALS Match-up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Marteen, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Marteen

Marteen Member

I can dream right?

I actually believe the Rockets have enough firepower to beat the Heat, even with their current roster.

Yao vs. Big Z <---- Doesn't Yao play better against Z since he is almost his heights?
    Scola vs. Bosh <---- Bosh wins
    Battier vs. James <----- I think Shane can make LeBron jack up alot of shots to get his points but hurt his team.
    Martin vs. Wade<--- Wade wins.... easily, but Martin can put him in foul trouble?
    Brooks vs. Arroyo<---- Brooks wins no matter what point guard they throw at him (judging from their current roster that is).

Our bench is Miller, Patterson, Budinger, Lee, and Lowry. What do they have? Chalmers, Haslem (unless he gets indicted), House, Juwan, Mike Miller, James Jones.

It's really our brench brigade vs. scrubs which could allow the Rockets to come back from a deficit (if they are in one) or extend a lead (small or big) when the second unit is out. That would be my thinking if they actually met up in the Finals. Even with no Melo or Paul, I think they still have enough to make me believe for this season. :)

2. ThaShark316_28

Only non-rocket fans will hate this thread. You said "I can dream, right?", so you're good.

LETS GO ROCKETS!

3. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Yep, you sure can. Just make sure you wake up before the first game of the season. :)

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Good thread....Go ROCKETS !

DD

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

How do you think the Astros will do against the Yankees in the WS this year?

6. nycundaground

nycundaground Member

Rockets in 3.

7. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Brooks > Chambers
    Martin < Wade
    Battier < James
    Scola < Bosh
    Yao > Anthony

Bench
    Rockets > Heat

The Brit > Place holder for Riley

Not as far fetched as it may seem...Rox in 6

:p :grin: :p

8. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

We could destroy their bench and Wade, James, n Bosh would still beat us.

9. 3rdRingsAComin

Dreams are fun, but before we can get to the fourth level of dreams, we must get passed the first 3, with the likes of the Mavs/Jazz/Spurs/Lakers in our way. We are going to need a huge kickback to wake up from all of those

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Thanks for being a REAL Rockets fan. Unlike the fake fans that say they would cheer for the Lakers if they played the Heat. Which is essentially saying that the Lakers will surpass the Rockets to the Finals. Remember when T-Mac said that Lakers would be in the Finals? Yup, those guys are saying the same thing and should be flamed accordingly.

11. pge71188

pge71188 Member

go rox!!!! :grin:

12. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

[​IMG]

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

If we get them, I like our chances because of our bench. Unlikely, but possible, because I don't think the Heat will make it to the finals. .

14. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Thats what T-mac said

15. gta

gta Member

Only if the heat can make the finals ...

Seriously the heat isn't that good

16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Unless they seriously improve their bench, I have to wonder how well they'll do in the playoffs. Wade, Bron, and Bosh can't play 45/gm each and expect to win multiple series.

They're going to dominate the regular season...somewhere between 65 and 70 wins...but I wonder how it translates to the playoffs with a weak bench.

17. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

They got nothing. Rockets in 6, duh.

18. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Love the thread.

Martin will get those foul calls in the regular season...not sure about the playoffs, especially the finals.

19. OvenproofBadger

I get your logic. But it isnt a case of who wins each matchup, u gotta take into consideration by how much each will win their respective matchup. No way Shane wins a matchup over Bron, Martins defence on Wade will be not nearly enough and Bosh will be able to score on Scola

20. 3rdRingsAComin

The Big 3 Talents down at South Beach can all play 38 MPG or so and the Heat can work it to where they have 2/3 on the court at all times. If they have 2/3 of them the Heat will be fine with the mix of the other starters and Miller/House spreading the floor. Their PG doesn't matter because he will never really play the point, they could just start House if he knew how to play D. The Heat wont rely on their bench to do that much, just play D, rebound and shoot a good %