1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Paul Pierce?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HiGHurNAMEis, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

If you're just giving up Bud and Parsons, then yes, do it.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I would argue that's fair value, but that's not the way to look at it.

Rockets getting Gasol/Pierce for Scola/Martin/Dragic, they get much better.

Boston getting Martin/Dragic, massive cap relief, some picks, for Pierce/Rondo. Will allow them to sign two max players in 2012 to pair with Martin. Ainge can instantly rebuild which he is itching to do.

Lakers give up an All-Star PF for an All-Star PG and top 15 pf in Scola.

Everybody wins.

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I would of said no instantly but I did not know PP's third year was non guaranteed.

You almost have to make that deal. A follow up Gasol deal is not nesecary.

4. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I agree, but we wouldn't have K-mart, but these are the moves I can see les wanting to do. Lowry, Lee, Pierce, Gasol, and sammy would be top 4 in the west and could surprise alot of teams in the playoffs. We also get to see if Lee can become our guy before his contract ends. All of the key ufa's wouldn't sign with us and the rfas are most likely signing back. So with all the cap space we would get at best is batum or mcgee (and that's unlikely with the new cba) with Kaman being our realistic move. No point in having so much cap space if you can't do anything with it.

5. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

it's gonna be a big ass hole at sf once pierce retires. please keep parsons

6. CDave

CDave Member

You'd never get Pierce out of Boston. The guy's an institution there. He'll be a Celtic until he retires.

If Ainge pulled a stunt like that he'd be tar'd and feathered like the British soldiers at the Boston Tea party.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Ainge would do it. Has no humanity.

8. larsv8

I guess you have to ask yourself how much 34 year old Paul Pierce still has in the tank.

He absolutely is a guy you can give the ball too in the clutch, is a plus defender, great free throw shooter, great 3 point shooter, etc. He is a smooth player, not much reliance on athleticism, but does rely on quickness. Clearly an upgrade from Parsons overall.

I am not sure Boston would let him go though.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The Celtics play in a conference where superpowers are forming. Then you have the Bulls.

The Rockets play in the west which has evened out. The Thunder are the best team but barely. I think if you swap out Parsons for Pierce (which is basically what we are doing.) then I think you have a team that is in the 2nd tier of teams in the West. Which include the Spurs,Lakers, Mavs, etc.

Also Pierce is a big time playoff performer. No one including the Thunder would want to see this team in the first round.

10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

double post

#70 Plowman, Feb 25, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The deal for Pierce works if Houston gives up Hasheem Thabeet, Jonny Flynn, Terrence Williams, Chandler Parsons, Chase Budinger and the Knicks No. 1 pick.

Paul Pierce is 34 years old. Quality but declining performance. High dollar contract for 2.5 more years (with the last year appearing to be a player option?)

For Boston to get the Rockets to eat this contract, they and not Houston need to be sending one if not two first round picks.

12. larsv8

PP last year is non guaranteed.

He has a near 20 PER, and theres no real indication it will dramatically decline next year.

Boston does not need to offer incentive for someone to take thim, thats just silly.

13. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Too many miles on these guys ....small window if any.

14. HiGHurNAMEis

HiGHurNAMEis Member

I got ch'ya doc. We are talking about two different situations. You are adding Pau to the equation. I feel Pau is not needed. With Dragic, Lee, Hill walking in the off season that leaves us with some cap space to possibly finagle a Kaman, Mcgee, or Hibbert signing (the latter being somewhat of a reach).

All in all simply a Pierce trading does catipult us to the next tier in the west. Helping us now & in the future. With him only on the books for two years, that's not too shabby. Parsons nor Bud in two years are going to become an all star caliber player.

Pull the trigger. & work from there.

15. HiGHurNAMEis

HiGHurNAMEis Member

...+1
    Thank you, again.

16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Lookn for those 'on the cusp' teams to make a deal....giveaway some youthful depth to boost their starting 5...
    Lookin for the suck teams to ditch some expensive contracts for expirigs to go into full tank mode...
    Seems like the entire league is locked up on Pau/D12/Dwill possibilities...

17. dd89

dd89 Member

So, after the celtics have milked all they can out of Paul Pierce; gotten the best years out of his body, the Houston Rockets can have him? This is like getting the old, abused and used M'LF that used to be hot. NO THANKS.

18. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

He's going to be 34 in oct...his scoring is down...I would rather keep parsons and have the flexibility to get a younger talented player that can help us now as well as in future..pierce is not as good defender now as parsons is, not as good rebounder either...not saying he isn't better overall than parsons but to make salaries match it wouldn't be worth it

19. HiGHurNAMEis

HiGHurNAMEis Member

She's still a milf? She still got a pu$$y? & ain't got any STDs? Bring her on through for a run or two. Ha! :grin:

20. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Wow. This forum was wholesome once.