1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How win can a title this year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kayman, Oct 9, 2002.

1. Kayman

Kayman Contributing Member

I've been thinking about this all summer long, but has always rejected is as pure wishful thinking. I have to finally let it out, since it boggles my mind. So here it is:

After Dec 15. Houston trades:

Cato,
    MoT,
    Rice,
    Nachbar,
    2005 1st round pick

for Kevin Garnett.

Trade works out under the cap.

The reality is that Twolves are not going anywhere, they don't have a point guard, Scherbiak and Nesterovich are up for new contracts next year and they don't like the luxury tax. They have to do something and people know it.
    Obviously at the begining of the summer that would have been met with loud laughter by Minnesotta. Rice and Taylor were injured, Cato was a joke and Nachbar was a nobody. However, early indications now are, that Taylor and Rice are healthy and in shape, Cato has made strides and Nachbar has huge potential. By Dec 15 that may be well established facts.

T-wolves can then rebuild relatively quickly with this material. They can let Nesterovich go, Rice will be off the book in another year. A nucleus of:

Taylor
    Cato
    Nachbar
    Scherbiak

is a decent one for the long run, plus they get a 1st round pick which they sorely need. Add in a PG and they are maybe as good a team as they are now but still under the luxury tax.

Of course that makes the Rockets a title contender rightaway. Imagine:

Ming
    Griffin
    Garnett
    Mobley
    Francis

bench: Moochie, T. Morris, Kenny T. You can't beat that.

Is our offer better than the Rasheed-Bonzi offer. Talent-wise, probably no. But long term it provides better benefits to the T-wolves. If they took Portland's offer in another year they would have to either max out Rasheed or lose him. If they lose him, then the deal is Bonzi for Garnett (yuck!) If they max him out, they are for many years over the tax, with big contracts to Rasheed, Bonzi, and Scherbiak. Plus Bonzi and Scherbiak play the same position.

Our deal offers them the possibility to lose Rice's 9+mil along the way and still have good talent in Boki, Taylor and Cato left from the deal.

Anyway, it's just dreamcasting, but man, wouldn't that be the ultimate lineup for us.

2. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Just when I thought everyone understood that Garnett makes $25m and it would literally gut the Rockets to obtain him ...

I give...I have been beaten into submission....

Bet the TWolves can't wait to get Cato, Mo and Rice to Minnesota.

3. leehoang

leehoang Member

stop dreaming, we're never going to get

KEVIN GARNETT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek:

4. Maryland Terps

Works for me. But thats a wet dream.

5. Maryland Terps

Actually we don't need Garnett -- we need a Kobe stopper.

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

hey i thought the offseason was over!

7. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Um . . . all your base are belong to us?

Garnett is a great player, but hasn't gotten the Wolves past the 1st round. I don't think he'd get us any farther either. Not to mention the fact that Minnesota would never accept your proposed trade.

8. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Mr. Kayman, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
    :D

9. Michael19P

Michael19P Member

haha . . . To have thought I could have put it any better myself would have been more wishful thinking than this trade.

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I'd love that trade...but the chances of it happening are about 0.00000000001 %....

11. The Fever

The Fever Member

So your saying there is a chance.....:)

12. glcpimp

glcpimp Member

Yeah! i think he's saying there's a chance!!!:D

13. glcpimp

glcpimp Member

Man but just think of it, we'd have a Huge, Lanky line-up.........im not sure if thats good or bad tho?!?! (b/c They can all still shoot and dominate.......yao, griff, and KG i mean)

14. Panda

Panda Member

You say the Twolves don't like the luxury tax, what makes you think that Les likes it?