1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden's 4 Turnovers Streak

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Jan 25, 2013.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Harden has now committed at least 4 turnovers in 12 consecutive games. That's more than any Rocket since at least the 1985-86 season. Perhaps he's on track to beat another Moses Malone franchise record? Not sure.

Across all teams since the 85-86 season, only 3 players committed 4 or more turnovers in at least 12 consecutive games. Charles Barkeley (12), Jerry Stackhouse (15), and Allen Iverson (14). Iverson was the last to do it, in 1997.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I'm liking what I see. Hopefully he can keep it up.

No graph this time? :p

3. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

yea, 8 T.Os tonight, thats unacceptable.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

greatpacha1 sighting. Called it first.

5. jocar

jocar Member

You can do it!

6. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Harden was two assists and two turnovers away from a triple double.

Lin was one turnover away from a 5x5.

FML Rockets got to work on their stat-padding like Love and Rondo.

7. gate470

gate470 Rookie

Personally, I don't think TO's are that big of a deal, unless we're getting into some crazy number like 7 TO's/game.

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

To be fair, a lot of those TOs from both Lin and Harden come from Asik failing to catch a pass.

I love Asik, but he has butterfingers on offense. He has great motor though, he just needs a Hakeem training camp.

9. dmoneybangbang

This is his first year being the top dog, I'll be concerned if this trend continues well into next season.

10. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Growing pains, he'll get over it soon.

11. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

It's definitely become an issue. We have lost most of those games during the streak. Some is certainly on Asik, but most are from losing the ball while driving, some are intercepted passes, others on traveling. So he'd have to shore all those areas.

12. PopItRockets

PopItRockets Member

If Harden and Lin want to reduce their turnovers they must stop giving Asik high fives it messes with their handling. I kid but Harden does turn the ball over a lot hope he reduces that over the years.

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Harden, breaking streaks everywhere

14. Pringles

Pringles Member

Damn. I thought Steve Francis was on a little bit on the bad side.

15. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Then they should know better to pass it to him in semi-clogged traffic.
    Lin needs to develop some bounce passes and set up his passing lanes for those instead of jumping and passing.
    Harden needs to throwing hard bounce passes to Asik and in clogged traffic.

16. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

It's instinctive, it's not something you can expect any NBA player to change.

If a player sees a 7 footer deep in the post, it's in their instincts to give the ball to him, especially if they are open. You can't expect players to not give the ball to another player when they are in seemingly good position.

It also creates chemistry issues because you are basically telling Asik that he can't be trusted at all even when he is wide open.

There are only a couple of things you could do in this situation. Take Asik out or change the game plan so Asik doesn't need to be in the post.

17. Witchdoc

Witchdoc Member

Obviously When you handle the ball that much you get higher TOs. IMO Harden's 3.8 TOs per game is being a bit overblown by people, given that hes scoring 25.9ppg, and giving 5.4 assists with those TOs.

To put this in perspective: say an assist is worth 1 point. Then Harden is giving your team 31.3 points while making those 3.8 turnovers.
    if we say multiply this by 4, we get 125.2 points, with 15.2 turnovers. Normalising this to 100 points, its roughly 12 turnovers per 100 points. most teams would take that anyday.

Really, his production to turnover rate is good.

18. New

Yeah. YOu need to give the ball to the C and PFs when they roll hard to the basket even if it means potential TOs. It is a chemistry issue.

I think just keep passing it to Asik. Force him to learn!!!

19. New

It is an interesting way of looking at TOs. BUt I think it is important to look at the kind of TOs he makes. Passing to Asik is OK. But I hate it when he just tries to drive to a 3 man wall. That's the kind of TOs that is bad.

20. teebone21

teebone21 Member

he doesnt have midrange game and instead drives to basket if not taking a 3 pointers regardless of defense pressure. he will aways have high turnovers until he expands his game