1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors acquire Jason Thompson for Gerald Wallace

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Jul 31, 2015.

1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I've consistently heard, whether it's through trade, waive or buyout, it's highly likely Carl Landry is not a Sixer come training camp, too.</p>&mdash; Jake Fischer (@JakeLFischer) <a href="https://twitter.com/JakeLFischer/status/627225769513586688">July 31, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yet GSW didn't use that type of player in their title run. But let's go ahead and adjust our offense so Jason Thompson can fit in, because, you know, he's still only 29 yrs old and SAC always misused him. And I'm hugely pissed about that from my Fantasy League teams selecting him as a SAC 15/7 potential player, each year.

But maybe if he's on the right team at 30yrs old.

Damn, people. Not even DaDakota would hang onto a player like this thread suggests.

Quit being so scared of GSW and SAS to the point that everything they do must be better than Morey.

3. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

If Carl Landry gets waived, any chance Morey goes after him?

If we could get him for vet min, then trade T-Jones before we officially sign him..

4. Play07

Play07 Member

what warriors use is spacing

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Jones is so much better than Landry at this point, c'mon now.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If they wanted the band together again, they would have not bailed on Scola this time....

7. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

That's debatable...

We did reach out to Scola. Morey offered him vet min..

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Only in the regular season.

David Lee played a part in that championship come playoff time. Where it was clear that Bogut was over matched for the likes of Mozgov and even Howard and going small.

One thing that playoffs has demonstrated year after year is that sometimes that 10th guy on the bench can help out.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would say a big South American family needs more than vet min to feed ;)....

Josh is already complaining about his 6.4 somewhat millions

10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

[youtube]NcelB96vrMw[/youtube]

11. heypartner

Really, that bold statement is yours?

In five playoff games against us, David Lee played a total of 13 minutes. What the hell are you talking about?

In the entire playoffs, David Lee had 8 DNP-CD. He played 13 games out of 21, at a blistering 8.2 minutes of garbage ball when he played. Yeah, he's key.

Rewrite history much?

next

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

if i recall he played during the finals a bit when it mattered. other than that no

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Did Jason Thompson have sex with your sister or something?

You're using an average of minutes and trying to strawman my argument? Why are you defensive? Was my post at all as condescending as yours? Chill out. I just said Lee played a part in their championship run, and he did. Thompson has similar skills and can also...dun dun dun...play a part in their championship run.

If you stopped for a moment and read my statement you wouldn't even be saying the things you just said, unless you just wanted to strawman my argument and claim some forum victory. So, let me BOLD things to make sure you actually read what I've said okay?

Again. You see that bolded part? I never said he played a big role, I said he played A PART. I never said he played huge minutes against the Rockets. I said that BOGUT was being over matched, not Lee. The Warriors indeed found a lot of success going small against us. Which was the point entirely.

Also, the Cleveland series was more of my point. Where Bogut barely even played as the series winded down. The last game he didn't play at all

In fact the last two games David Lee played more than Bogut as the Warriors found that the Cavs really had no counter to their small ball and phased Bogut out of the rotation entirely.

So um...next.

14. heypartner

Not sure if you know what the "straw man argument is." Such a new Internet thing...so you just read those Argument Fallacy meme's. lol. Did you just learn this.

You are not the straw man,,,you are ad hominem...see how that rhymes. Don't even try to escape your rewriting of history to me by applying some escapist method claiming internet philosophy methods of arguing that you just learned.

see...ad hominem. That's what I just did. Deal with it.

but back to facts...Lee had 8 DNP-CDs out of 21 games, plus bullsj1t blowout minutes. We don't have to apply mpg after that. It's clear he was an 10th-11th end of the bench role player. And you say Jason Thompson will replace him. I'm not arguing that. I'm just pointing out that Lee was a DNP-CD role player in the play offs.

Are you saying Jason Thompson will be more than that.

Let's be clear. I am most definitely attacking your post and requesting you to defend it. Shut up with the crap about Internet Argument Meme's that you just learned, as a way to wiggle out of your lame take.

Just talk, if you can.

I don't get defensive about bball. Apparently you do

next

#54 heypartner, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  15. heypartner

You continue to ignore the fact Lee only played 13 minutes against us in 5 games. so sad.

next

#55 heypartner, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Another condescending post with more internet theatrics. I honestly have no idea what "Argument fallacy meme" is. Apparently you do though.

So lets explain the argument that you've set up. Since you are trying to do it once again. You continue to argue against my argument that Lee played a role in the playoffs.

Except...I never make any allusions to him being a factor outside of the Cleveland series. You do, bringing up his MPG over the entire playoff series. I mention the warriors going small and how I see JT being able to fill in that role. You advanced my argument for me though, in which I used that term because that's exactly what you did.

My entire point is this. Jason Thompson can play the role of D.Lee...which was basically another guy they can use to go small. Let me add...WHEN THEY go small. I never said they always go small, of course they do not.

I am talking, you are the one that throws in all the flair of an experienced forum warrior.

Hey, that's your entire post. You realize you could have just posted that and we could have had a civilized discussion about the role he was going to play?

To your point, I do not think he'll see the floor much outside of injury. They have a young PF whose name I can't remember....McAdoo I think. Whose been pretty good in the NBDL and SL and still have Speights I believe so meh. He'll be what Nick Johnson was for us, thrown out there every now and then unless he just really fits in well there but again, we both are agreeing but you are advancing my argument into something else.

Quote one instance where I say that GSW always goes small. Please do, are you again imagining an argument from me? I'm glad you edited that post, because of course I never said that.

First of all, remember that my point was about the Warriors going small...THUS JT could be useful as another player to use when going small. That's it.

Now, here's Kerr on small-ball against the Rockets...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/byRDxMRm5qU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You're right though, Ezeli had good games. Bogut had a moment in that series too but that doesn't exclude their small lineups that they DID use.

That lineup HURT us period. Since our backcourt was slow excluding Harden and Josh Smith was pretty bad that entire series.

Okay, let me add some theatrics to this part of the post.

:rolleyes:

17. heypartner

Attacking "theatrics" ... now that is a straw man argument. Good for you.

In all your 'splaining about GSW small ball that doesn't include David Lee, you never tell us how Jason Thompson fits in with that. He doesn't. Nor does David Lee.

Stop telling us how important David Lee was, yet show us vids that don't include him. That's not even a straw man argument,,,that's a ghost man argument.

give it up.

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Wouldn't be shocked if the sixers flipped Wallace again for a bigger expiring contract to help out another team. Maybe this time it would be for a player they actually want.

Landry traded or bought out....the guy has another year on his deal. I doubt he's traded. Waived.. Maybe but knowing how much Hinkie knew Landry in Houston he could be their version of Richardson last year. But anything is possible.

By February I think this Sixers team will look a lot more different and might make more sense to build from.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Your posts are very theatrical lol. Your actual point is wrapped up in there between all that snark.

Warriors used David Lee in the Cleveland series with their small ball lineup. THUS David Lee played a part in them winning their championship. THUS David Lee played a role on the team. THUS JT can play a role on that team that is similar.

The funny thing about this is, we are actually agreeing on a lot of the same point except that I'm pretty sure JT can play in a small ball lineup and you don't think he can. The actual only reason you give is because he can't shoot 3s, which is a 'lame-take' IMO because a center in a small-ball lineup doesn't need to shoot 3s. He needs to stretch the floor period but more importantly be effective in the transition game and run the floor. Getting actual rebounds and playing defense isn't all that important in these lineups as you look to just outscore the opponent and more importantly get them to play a style that they can't play.

By the way, here's your video that also includes David Lee...who I guess played no role at all during the Warriors season or postseason. I'm imagining the 40 or so games he played and the 18mins he averaged during those games and I'm imagining him playing in the Cleveland series...
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cIbD0Cm9pEs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Yea by people who hate TJones. Landry hasn't had a productive season in years and is almost 10 years older than Jones. Unless we get a decent pick or something no way I'd swap Jones for Landry.