1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[Slam] Kevin Martin's Red Glare

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hayesfan, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2010/03/kevin-martins-red-glare/

2 people like this.
  2. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Whether he means it or not...the man says all the right things here.

3. echu888

echu888 Member

Reggie Miller has perfect shooting form? Undoubtedly an amazing shooter, but that's with very unique (non-textbook) form.

4. mario713

mario713 Rookie

HOUSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

reggie miller seriously?

reggie is a poster boy for "amazing but ugly form shooter"

6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I'm really happy we ended up getting him. He is very humble which is quite uncommon for such a talented scorer.

7. nebula955

nebula955 Member

But Ray Allen does....

That said, can't really go wrong with one of the best efficiency shooting form of all time...

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Isn't that a nice change of pace.

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'm just glad we finally have a scorer that can actually shoot, from EVERYWHERE!

:grin:

10. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

unlike mcgrady who would talk in third person and sometimes talked about his supernatural "will" taking over.

11. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

I love his humbleness :grin:

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Great guy, great offensive player. The defense will get better and once Yao gets back it won't be an issue IMO.

Listening to Martin's comments about Battier makes me want to see Battier retire as a Rocket even more. He needs to be an assistant coach for this team once he is done playing.

13. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Like I said before, Martin seems to be very smart person by simply watching his interview. We have a group of smart, nice players, the last thing is to have guy who has a big mouth, and stupid enough to destroy the team chemistry by saying and playing in the stupid ways.

14. HotRocket

HotRocket Contributing Member

The link they mention in the text is actually a little more interesting than the article itself (tho I'm sure it has been posted before): http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/slamonline-top-50/2009/09/top-50-kevin-martin-no-41/

1 person likes this.
  15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mario Elie has an ugly shot,
    but it's a thing of beauty

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OnIy_NhcDFg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OnIy_NhcDFg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

16. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

he doesnt like the lime light so its only fitting he'd like Houston over LA Miami etc.. hes my kinda player

17. scottie brooks

Such a breath of fresh air to have such a talented and humbled person on our team. Someone who actually puts the team first and understands how to be a professional.

Thank you DM and RA for bringing Kev-Mart here! :)

18. scottie brooks

BTW, I like his shot. Makes him look a cowboy drawing his weapon. Perfect for a Texan ;)

19. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

Kevin's form is one of the worst, but he's deadly. I'll take it. Since when Reggie miller had a beautiful shot though? I mean...it's beautiful to watch him shoot, but his shot was akward at best. lol

20. Serg300

Serg300 Member

He still hasn't worn this for a game.
    [​IMG]