1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Roster for 2000-2001

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SwiftRocket, Jul 15, 2000.

1. SwiftRocket

SwiftRocket Member

To begin this off I would like to say that the rocks are most definetly playoff bound and I dont give a damn bout what any one else says

C Kelvin Cato / Hakeem / Collier
    Kelvin is going to be awesome this year. A friend of mine who goes to Dulles high says that she saw him runnin around the track out there a couple of days. This shows that Kelvin is really trying to step up his game so he can dominate next year. And from all the reports about Cato being traded out there, it will never happen. He showed glimpses of what he can do last year but this year believe me, he will become a dominating center. Hakeem, if he can do half of what he used to we'll be alrite. Hopefully Collier is not a bad player like everyone says he is.

PF KT / Los

Rudy did a hell of a job gettin this guy from the draft last year. Think about it, he can not only hit the three, but he can drive and has the best footwork I ve seen since the dream. Too bad last year he was a rookie and the refs were whistlin travelin on anything he did. Even though his lack of intensity annoys me at times, he always comes back with big games. I'd love to have KT on my team anyday. Los is incredible. I love this guy and I hope the rocks do to. IMO, he is one of the best PF open court fast break finishers of the NBA, not to mention his love for the game. Hope he doesnt get injured and gets more playin time.

SF Williams/ Langhi

IT IS TIME TO GET RID OF WALT. HE STINKS AND SLOWS OUR TEAM DOWN. I know what everyone is goin to say, he became hot close to the end of the season. That's why I believe, now is the best time to trade him because now is when he has the best trade value. I dont care who we get instead of him. Ill take anyone over him. Langhi, from what I read about him he was a hell of a player in the collegiate level and hopefully he will be able to do the same this year. And by the way, I believe Rudy knows best about the draft this year and I trust him without a doubt.

SG Shandon/Cat

Shandon is one of my favorite rocks cuz he knows the basic principle of defense. I love his attitude, his oncourt demeanor and how he handles himself on and off the court. Shandon, will be in the all-star game in a couple of years, mark my words. Cat, if you are reading this PLEASE SIGN W/ THE ROCKS IMMEDIATELY. Htown loves you and please dont leave us.

PG Francis/Moochie
    Cant say enough about the franchise except that he will be one of the upcoming supastars to be reckoned with. Moochie, what a hell of a player. His crossover move leaves players stuck in cement. He is incredible and fun to watch and I hope the rocks keep him as well.

And to all the peeps who think I'm crazy alls I got to say is BELIEVE IT AGAIN AND AGAIN BABY.

Spread this message and keep the peace.

------------------

2. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Where is Croshere? Is he on the injured list? [​IMG]

------------------
    "I talked about what degenerates they [Mets fans] were, and they proved me right. Just by saying something, I could make them mad enough to go home and slap their moms."

John Rocker

3. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

The Wizard is great, at the end of this season he was deadly from long distance. No Bullard? [​IMG]

------------------
    please venture to atheistalliance and rocketsonline
    I AM SPARTACUS

4. SwiftRocket

SwiftRocket Member

I say TRADE the WIZARD b/c he is not goin to repeat the performance he did at the end of the season. Thats why i say now is the best time to trade the wiz cuz now's his best trade value. We drafted langhi cuz we are not keepin bull.

------------------

5. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

I would rather hear about Cato being in the gym working on an offensive game (which he has none) Until he gets some offense he will be a liability. He doesn't rebound very well either (based on his reb per min last year.)

The signing of Langhi eliminates Bullard IMHO.

------------------
    "Get up, stand up. Stand up for your right"-Bob Marley

6. SwiftRocket

SwiftRocket Member

hey bob dont worry, you will see a much improved Cato. If he is workin as hard as everyone says he is, then why doubt Cato. Cato will be a better rebounder and a more consistent scorer, IMO. I love Cato, and pretty soon everyone will too.

------------------

7. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

SwiftGrizzly --

I'm sorry but I could have sworn you said we were play-off bound with KT/Los splitting time at the 4. Maybe you should run that by me again.

------------------
    It doesn't matter if I have a signature!

8. alaskansnowman

Yeah I agree with you whole-heartedly SwiftRocket. Finally, someone who supports Cato except for me and DeanBCurtis.

But I dont think Williams is all that bad, as I already said in another thread.

------------------
    treasurer of the moochie norris fan club

9. ricealum

ricealum Contributing Member

If he could just stay in the game 30 minutes it would be a big plus. Conditioning is the key, I think, not gym work, although that's important too. Cato seems to play well in spurts, then disappear. Is that because he doesn't care or because he doesn't have the lungs to keep it up? I say RUN RUN RUN and PUMP PUMP PUMP and pick up whatever points you can from the offensive boards and easy dunks off brilliant passes from the guards. That's all the offense we need from Cato.

That's the big one for me. He needs more desire here, and I'm not sure he has it. We'll see. Again, conditioning is paramount -- if he's in shape this season he might be adequate.

Maybe. I wouldn't be surprised to see both on the team, but you could be right. Bull is a great presence, far more than mere stats can convey. The Rocks will lose more than a few ppg when he retires.

------------------
    If you don't remember the ABA, you don't know basketball.

10. ricealum

ricealum Contributing Member

How about matching up with Charles Barkley with Robert Horry and Chucky Brown? [​IMG] Anyway, what RocketsWift missed is that Collier will play mostly 4. That makes it

Hakeem (will start, get his applause and halftime ceremony, then sit) / Cato / Pig

Collier (that's right, he'll start) / KT / Los (if he can stay healthy) / Mass (if we take a chance keeping him)

Wiz (could be traded as his value is high right now, but Rudy has wanted him on the team for years) / Langhi / Bull

Anderson / Cat

Francis / Mooch

A good lineup missing some pieces, but capable of winning a playoff series if we get there. The problem is, to make the playoffs, we have to pass Denver, Dallas, and either Seattle, Sacramento, or Phoenix. Ic COULD happen, but I expect another lottery appearance before we start making noise in the playoffs again. If only we were in the EASTERN conference.... [​IMG]

------------------
    If you don't remember the ABA, you don't know basketball.

11. SwiftRocket

SwiftRocket Member

Stone cold,

if you ever watched the rocks you would know that kt/los is not as bad as you think. KT will be awesome this year b/c this guy has incredible footwork. Have you seen it? Obviously not. Los is one of the best fast break finishers on our team. I think that bout sums it up

------------------

12. BornRocketRed

BornRocketRed Member

Scratch 'Cat' and replace with 'Drew'

Collier's name belongs in both the 4 and 5

------------------
    BRR

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Does anyone else think its funny that Walt's nickname is Wiz. I mean I know he is the Wizard or something, but shortening it to Wiz just makes me think of cheesesteaks with cheese wiz---yummy.

------------------
    When I die I want to go peacefully like my grandfather. Not screaming like the passengers in the back seat!