1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN]Marbury says he'll play in Italy when Knicks deal expires

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TracyMcCrazyeye, Jul 18, 2007.

1. TracyMcCrazyeye

Link:http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2940731

Starbury is a GOD

2. Omer

Omer Member

Wow, that is stunning.

3. TracyMcCrazyeye

he was probably still high from that one interview before making these statements :D

4. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

how much u want to bet when this happens, they are going to b**** at Isiah for not keeping Francis, even though he's contract was going to be up also around that time.

5. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Thats pretty cool! I wish I could do that

6. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

That is actually refreshing. Guy's made his money and instead of gorging himself on more he chooses to do something interesting w/his life. Good for him.

7. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

Yeah man that is awesome. What will be even cooler if he learns the language and engulfs himself in the culture.

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Ciao, pal...don't let the door hit you in your head which, as always, is up your arse.

9. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

he's going to drop like 2-3 assists and 15-16 dimes on those italians.

10. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

pretty cool if he follows thru.

have there ever been any other big name nba players to go over to europe in the late stages of their career?

his style of play is the antithesis of the euro b-ball model, so it should be interesting - he could quite possibly dominate.

11. nomorewords

nomorewords Member

Despite what you may think of the man, without truly knowing him of course, he has been really helping out his community lately. Between donating millions, and making affordable kid's shoes, I'd say that's a breath of fresh air in today's sports world.

Sure, he's always been a talker, but sometimes actions do speak louder than words.

Link

"I was down at Coney Island yesterday, 25th Street and Mermaid Avenue, where the Surfside projects still rise up near the boardwalk. Stephon Marbury was present to inaugurate his annual basketball tournament and to announce a series of $1 million pledges to the NYPD, New York Fire Department, the NYC teachers and EMT.

That's $4 million total in pledges. He plans to funnel any profits from his Starbury sneakers/apparel line to New York City's most important employees. I don't know when Marbury had his epiphany - sometime in the last two years - but he is hellbent on making a difference outside the basketball court."

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Many - in fact at least two who were better than Marbury in Dominique Wilkins and Bob McAdoo

And yes they did manage to dominate in Europe after being washed up in the NBA.

13. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Yeah, and he'll probably get 2-3 rebounds and 7-8 boards to go with those dimes and assists. :p

14. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Cuz Starbury knows how to break it down *karate chop* , it's all about the kids.

15. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I'm surprised nobody has said this before but:

I'm really looking forward seeing how Vspan plays against Marbury (in europe ofcourse)

16. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

I was thinking the same thing

[​IMG]

17. God's Son

God's Son Member

sounds like a good plan. italy is beautiful and a much better place to live than the states. i spent some time there and its a dream of mine to get a job and go back to live there but for now texas will do.

i respect starbury for following his dreams and doing a lotta good in the community.

18. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Cool,

but I can't believe he compared himself to Beckham. Beckham was a much bigger star than Marbury ever was, and Marbury is hardly the same caliber of "ambassador".

19. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

LMAO that marburried thinks he's like beckham

20. uchlha

uchlha Member

i was under the impression that dime = assists no? o_O