1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

how did morris play today?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nalgas05, Apr 27, 2012.

1. nalgas05

nalgas05 Member

i saw the game's recap and it seems he got some playing time, yall think he has the potential to be good or no??

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Like Carmelo Anthony. With broken arms.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  3. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

First half was pretty much exactly what you'd expect from a young rookie that hasn't gotten playing time all year. He tried to do too much and took some awful shots.

In the 2nd half he calmed down and played within himself a little better.

He showed me no ability to create off the dribble, though... none whatsoever.

4. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

He is a power forward trapped inside a small forward's body. He does have one elite skill and that is his fade away jumper. You can't block it and he seems to shoot it at a decent percentage. If he could play d and improve his 3 point shooting he could help at the 3. I know it's just one game but so far at at the 4 he is worse than Ppat... a lot worse.

5. nalgas05

nalgas05 Member

ohh man speaking of ppat, i loved that dude his rookie year, but he just does not get up as much as he use to, hopefully he gets his ups back during the summer

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Still not 100% from earlier surgery. Will have another surgery during offseason.

7. Defy9

Defy9 Member

He was all 'HERE'S MY CHANCE TO IMPRESS'

Then he was all

:(

8. HombreDeHierro

then people are going to use his new surgery as an excuse for his lack of improvement next year.

he is mentally soft. something about being tough on the basketball court and pursuit of the ball at all costs does not register in his brain

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Probably the pain of bone spurs, but meh.....:rolleyes:

10. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Morris is going to be the opposite of PPat.. He's gonna have a good 2nd year.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Marcus Morris is what we thought he was. Too small for this, too slow to defend that. Now the question is, how long will it take Morey to "address" it. One more season could ruin the chance that a team may want him in a trade and we do want to move up in the draft, right?

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2012/04/final-all-decade-rockets-team-unveiled/

13. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

“I don’t know if that is going to be here or somewhere else, but I think for sure I’m going to be a great player.”

:(

14. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Les said in practice Morris was hitting 32/33 on 3 pointers. I think if Morris exhibits the same mode as Parsons, we will be in good hands. If both work on their games instead of enjoying the lifestyles of the NBA, Rockets can be something next year.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well the Rox are known for turnover so...

DD

16. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Go to the boxscore on the CF homepage, double his minutes and other stats, and then compare them with Bud's. Of the two Chase is the keeper.

17. rocketsmetalspd

Morris will be find but the short season and not having Summer League last year hurt him. He will do better with Summer League and a true pre season to get going next season.

18. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Ahhhh, hope springs eternal for a promising summer league, but the winter of our discontent has begun and will last until we can fall into the fires of autumn contention once more.

19. gogigorangone

gogigorangone Member

he had a clutch

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]