1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Any news on GP2?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jogo, Aug 23, 2016.

1. jogo

jogo Member

Back when he was injured, the word was 6-8 weeks to heal. I think six weeks would be this week. Any news on his progress? I hope he sticks with the Rockets.

2. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

ClutchFans can root for him as long as his name is just "Gary." ;)

3. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

The Mitten needs some time to heal.

1 person likes this.
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The only news is that he's wearing some ugly Kanye shoes on court. That's it. Gratz.

5. craguin

craguin Member

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Gary Payton II: &quot;People still see what you can do.&quot; The undrafted rook talks NBA transition, off-court ideas &amp; more. <a href="https://t.co/9yGMEfsuPN">pic.twitter.com/9yGMEfsuPN</a></p>&mdash; NBPA (@TheNBPA) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheNBPA/status/763502147266830336">August 10, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

He's our backup PG right now?

7. Fantasma Negro

Should be ready for the start of camp. Hernia is 6-8 weeks its been exactly 6 weeks since surgery so he should be running by now. Even if he has a set back he should be ready for training camp. I got a buddy that had the same surgery two weeks ago and he's already jogging

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Different people respond differently to injuries. It's the injury that sets its own timetable; the injury itself is not aware that it should heal in exactly 6 weeks. :cool:

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

lololololololo

it's a little hard to get excited about the season with this kinds of reality bombs.

10. arjun

arjun Member

Spoke with RGV coach Matt Brase Two weeks ago, he said GP2 is recovering well and is excited for him.

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i'm semi-excited about him. he has a good chance to be a backup PG in a year or two.

this year i see harden-bev-gordon using all the backcourt minutes with prigioni as a 4th option, leaving GP2 in RGV almost the whole season barring injuries.

12. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Uhhh Prigs is old as dirt and is expected to get injured along with Eric Gordon. Gp2 will get some looks this season based on our current roster.

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

And then when he hits the rookie grind we will end up playing a spliced together moochie norris/matt maloney combo that looks promising once the tech is ironed out and more stable in the lab.

14. Fantasma Negro

I hear you but my friend is not a world class athlete and is middle aged, he actually got an infection after the surgery and still two weeks after going under the knife is jogging. Glove Jr will be fine

15. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

[​IMG]

16. dram1

dram1 Member

Mattoochie Malorris !!! Hell yeah!!! Get it done Murray!!

17. alethios

alethios Member

I remember a particular play in the '97 playoffs where Matt Maloney blew by GP2's pop, GP Sr., for a layup. The reason I remember it was a thing of beauty and totally left The Glove in the dust. That and the shock of seeing Maloney perpetrating that blow-by.

18. hakeemthagreat

LMAOOOOOOO. I remember that exact play you're talking about. Maloney crossed him and went to the hole lol. I was watching like:grin::eek:

You my friend are a true Rocket fan:)

19. Know Your Role

I just learned this recently. His father had passed away right before his rookie season with the Rockets. He was forced to be the starting PG after injuries killed the starter and bench pg. I can't remember who it was off the top of my head, I do recall the endless roster problems outside the big 3. But considering all that, I'd say he did a good job and should be remembered as such. I guess getting older is making me appreciate folks who are put into impossible situations.

20. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hHH-zebPZ6g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Don't know how to adjust start time, but play starts at 38 seconds